Haven't drawn in ages--here's a Naoto

Discussion in 'GBAtemp Art Studio' started by Chary, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    image.jpeg

I lost all my sketchbooks about a year ago, as they were destroyed, and it kind of killed my motivation to try and draw at all. But today I found myself just messing around with a sheet of paper and I drew this. I forgot how calming drawing is--I might get back into randomly sketching stuff again.

2. BORTZ

BORTZ Don't pretend you aren't impressed

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    I love it, great work!

Chary likes this.
  3. LuxerWap

LuxerWap The Green Husky with a Broken Tail

Sep 6, 2015
    United States
    Franklin, Georgia
    I see potential. Keep it up, I like it so far!

Chary likes this.
  4. Ziggyhacks

Ziggyhacks GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2016
    United States
    Los Angeles
    It looks like it was done pretty hastily, as there is no evidence of proper shading. Try to make the shapes more well-defined, and make sure the nose gets additional detail. Overall, it was done well for a quick sketch.

Chary likes this.
  5. 6adget

6adget Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2016
    United States
    Sacramento, Ca.
    I was a professional tattoo artist for 21 years. In that time I apprenticed 7 artists. I. Would make them trace every sheet of flash (flash is the sheets of art hanging in shops that you can
    pick from) over and over again. At some point they all would complain that they were wasting their time just tracing. They wanted to draw their own ideas. Of course they were allowed to draw their own ideas, but first they had to trace a certain amount of flash each day first. I explained to them that if you traced say a butterfly, or a skull a hundred times in different angles and
    Positions you could then draw one with your eyes closed. People think that tracing is a form of cheating, but it's just another tool. It also helps with hand control. Once you can get your hand to draw a perfect circle, or whatever else your brain is telling it to do, then you can spend more time being creative and less time erasing over and over again. Remember, the first 1,000 drawings are your hardest. Then it starts to get a little easier. So you might as well get them out of the way as soon as you can. Your drawing looks good. Keep it up and you will be a great artist.

Chary and BlackWizzard17 like this.
  6. smileyhead

smileyhead Occasional Reporter

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Budakeszi, Hungary
    I'd summon the Temp's Naoto-Army if I knew the full list of their names. oh well.

Chary likes this.
  7. Jacklack3

Jacklack3 ( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here

Oct 6, 2015
    Canada
    In your basement Dick Size: 5 meters.
    Everyone's like "Woah! So cool!" but i'm over here like,

How the fuck did you draw the hands?