Hacking Haven't been in the 3DS Scene in awhile and Just needed Some Help!

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I will stick to my Gateway for now.
Although, there is a benefit to pulling games straight from Nintendo's eShop(?) server and automatically building a CIA out of it, which you can install to the home menu. But I'm sure you hear someone say something similar to this every time you mention using Gateway....

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
maybe the MSET exploit or other stuff? Quoted from the Luma3ds wiki: "If your Old 3DS/Old 3DS XL has been downgraded to 4.5 from the Gateway menu in the past, your CTRNAND has leftovers from one or more previous FIRMs, and this causes issues with the CTRNAND code. This is not an issue with Luma itself, but rather with the GW downgrade process which doesn't do any cleanup and leaves CTRNAND in a messy state." https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/FAQ-and-Troubleshooting

I'm looking to do the a9lh/cfw at the weekend on my Jp n3ds and wondered about this issue with downgrades. My console was 8.1 originally and had it's MSET downgraded to 4.5, so would that apply or does that apply to a full system downgrade on N3DS'?

Afterwards, I upgraded to 10.3 and used the very 1st downgrader by tux and went back to 9.2 (shows 9.1 in settings due to version mismatch)

Everything at the moment is working fine and does not appear to be a franken firmware, as I ran the checkers and installed titles seem to be correct, except one or too (cant' remember which ones from 10.3) but supposedly dont interfere and are safe to leave alone.

Last edited by retrofan_k,

SushiKing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I need some help on Part 4 of the guide.

6. Update your RedNAND to the latest version using system settings if it is not already (DO NOT ENTER SD CARD MANAGEMENT OR EXIT SYSTEM SETTINGS AS THIS WILL REBOOT YOU INTO SYSNAND)
7. Reboot into SysNAND

Im kind of confused at this point, just want to make sure; Do i reboot into SysNAND by holding power button and letting it go to the hompage automatically?

Then what does it mean DO Not Exit System Settings as this will reboot you into sysnand??

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I need some help on Part 4 of the guide.

6. Update your RedNAND to the latest version using system settings if it is not already (DO NOT ENTER SD CARD MANAGEMENT OR EXIT SYSTEM SETTINGS AS THIS WILL REBOOT YOU INTO SYSNAND)
7. Reboot into SysNAND

Im kind of confused at this point, just want to make sure; Do i reboot into SysNAND by holding power button and letting it go to the hompage automatically?

Then what does it mean DO Not Exit System Settings as this will reboot you into sysnand??
What no

Just enter your EmuNAND/RedNAND and update THAT! Not sysNAND

Reactions: SushiKing

SushiKing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What no

Just enter your EmuNAND/RedNAND and update THAT! Not sysNAND

But it already is updated to 11.0 but the next step is reboot into Sysnand when im in the settings in EmuNAND/RedNAND

Maybe im taking these steps too seriously and im over thinking the steps :c

Just taking extra caution :3

Last edited by SushiKing,

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
But it already is updated to 11.0 but the next step is reboot into Sysnand when im in the settings in EmuNAND/RedNAND
If you read the other steps you need to enter the homebrew launcher and open Decrypt9 so yeah make sure you are in sysNAND

Do you boot to emuNAND automatically with menuhax or do you have to hold a button for menuhax to work

Last edited by Tenshi_Okami,

SushiKing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sometimes the instructions are unclear :S

What does step 12. mean exactly?

12. Extract Universal Inject Generator, then copy both hs.app from your SD card and FBI.ciafrom the FBI zip to the input folder

I understand copy hs.app and FBI.cia to the input folder but what does it mean by Extract Universal Inject Gernerator?

Do i Extract the Unviversal Inject Generator to the Root of the SD Card?

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Sometimes the instructions are unclear :S

What does step 12. mean exactly?

12. Extract Universal Inject Generator, then copy both hs.app from your SD card and FBI.ciafrom the FBI zip to the input folder

I understand copy hs.app and FBI.cia to the input folder but what does it mean by Extract Universal Inject Gernerator?

Do i Extract the Unviversal Inject Generator to the Root of the SD Card?
No no no, Extract that into the PC(anywhere)

You can PM me if you want, ill be glad to help :D

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, for the record: there two ways of playing gba and other VC/retro games: either use .cia double installation and play on sysnand (which is rather inconvenient for cfw emunand users and takes twice the space) and the other solution is emulators such as retro arch. And of course emulating a machine is per definition slower (not always noticeable) and always more power consuming (worse battery life). Hope it is clear now.

Yes, detailed explanations help in this kind of situation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: