Haven't been here since Xmas, have a question.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by oxis, May 20, 2010.

May 20, 2010
  1. oxis
    OP

Newcomer oxis Advanced Member

Greece
    My girlfriend got a Wii for Christmas and I hacked it for her then. I used the softmod sticky on this board. I was wondering, is there anything that I should update on her Wii? I was going to just grab the latest emus and loaders but I wanted to make sure that her Wii is up to date, softmod wise.

Thanks ahead of time for the replies.

2. oxis
    OP

Greece
    Any other options besides that? The guide hasn't changed much and I'm already on 4.2. Hesitant because I made a mistake last time and it took me a day or two to fix it.

3. linuxares

Member linuxares GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    Follow it step-by-step. Its very easy to use.

4. icyrainz

Newcomer icyrainz Advanced Member

Singapore
    You just have to mail to the gmail folder, grab the wad for cIOS and install. Also, update your loader to latest version. I think that is enough.

5. oxis
    OP

Greece

Yeah, definitely, I have Priiloader installed and I have made a backup prior to modding and one after. See, the Wii is not mine so I'm not always on it, I just mod it for my girlfriend which is why I don't know much. I do have some questions though.

1. I installed some VC games on her Wii a while back, how do I remove them? I read that that I have to use wad manager and have a copy of the wad on my sd card in order to uninstall it.

2. Channels like the picture channel, is there anyway to delete those or move them to the back? They just take up room. Any downside to doing this?

3. Gamecube backups, I read that you couldn't run them on a softmodded Wii without the use of some other peripherals, is this true?

4. About the Nand backup and Bootmii. Am I correct in assuming that it's a system restore of sorts? Like will it restore my IOS's and cIOS's to what they were when I took the backup?

Thanks ahead of time to anyone who can clarify.

6. Fear_the_Tubes

Newcomer Fear_the_Tubes Advanced Member

United States
    Pretty much that what it does. If you restore from a NAND backup the system will be just like it was when you made said backup.