Hacking Haven't been following the hacking scene for years, and have some quick questions.

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a switch around a year ago to make sure i have the first generation console so that I'm able to hack it in the future, and it is currently sitting untouched at firmware 4.1.0. I did some research and realized that it is now hackable on the latest firmware if you have a first generation console.

I know that it is best to stay on the lowest possible, but i recently bought a 256gb microsd, and it's prompting me to update for SDXC support. I'm wondering if there is anything I should know about before updating, or should I not (are there any benefits to staying lower firmware)? Thank you. I am planning to following the NH switch guide to hack my switch.

I also heard that emunand (emuMMC) is now possible, so isn't it better to be on the latest firmware so that I'm able to still play online on sysnand?

Last edited by Ichigo1000,

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a switch around a year ago to make sure i have the first generation console so that I'm able to hack it in the future, and it is currently sitting untouched at firmware 4.1.0. I did some research and realized that it is now hackable on the latest firmware if you have a first generation console.

I know that it is best to stay on the lowest possible, but i recently bought a 256gb microsd, and it's prompting me to update for SDXC support. I'm wondering if there is anything I should know about before updating, or should I not (are there any benefits to staying lower firmware)? Thank you. I am planning to following the NH switch guide to hack my switch.

I also heard that emunand (emuMMC) is now possible, so isn't it better to be on the latest firmware so that I'm able to still play online on sysnand?
First thing is check your serial to make sure it is INDEED exploitable! I'd post it if I weren't on my mobile but I assure you it's a quick search away!

As far as staying as low as possible... That's kind of an opinion thing. For patched consoles it's a necessity to be at a certain firmware for any exploit to work, which is why you should double check before updating, but....

Should you update?!

Personally, I'd say yes. Especially if your Switch is vulnerable to the RCM exploit.

The people who stay on a low firmware are holding out for a coldboot setup like how it is for the 3DS but if you want to play online or use online services at all, the best way to avoid the hammer is CLEAN updated sysMMC and an emuMMC for all your dirty Homebrew adventures... Offline, of course, for maximum security.

I've personally been using emuMMC that a "restored" to remove the users, applied incognito to remove my serial and use 90DNS so I can utilize the online features of Homebrew. I've been doing this for months with no ban BUT! and this is a big but, no one has really been banned lately... So Nintendo might have something real sinister waiting for all of us!... But probably not

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First thing is check your serial to make sure it is INDEED exploitable! I'd post it if I weren't on my mobile but I assure you it's a quick search away!

As far as staying as low as possible... That's kind of an opinion thing. For patched consoles it's a necessity to be at a certain firmware for any exploit to work, which is why you should double check before updating, but....

Should you update?!

Personally, I'd say yes. Especially if your Switch is vulnerable to the RCM exploit.

The people who stay on a low firmware are holding out for a coldboot setup like how it is for the 3DS but if you want to play online or use online services at all, the best way to avoid the hammer is CLEAN updated sysMMC and an emuMMC for all your dirty Homebrew adventures... Offline, of course, for maximum security.

I've personally been using emuMMC that a "restored" to remove the users, applied incognito to remove my serial and use 90DNS so I can utilize the online features of Homebrew. I've been doing this for months with no ban BUT! and this is a big but, no one has really been banned lately... So Nintendo might have something real sinister waiting for all of us!... But probably not
My switch is unpatched according to the NH switch guide. Thanks. Is there any way to use my 256gb microsd without updating?

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch is unpatched according to the NH switch guide. Thanks
No problem. Then I'll just TLDR repeat myself:

Update your system to 9.0, boot hekate ctcaer 5.0.2, NAND backup (important first step!) create emuMMC, live life on the wild side.

This page makes life very easy and is most usually up to date https://switch.hacks.guide/

Please don't follow a video guide... Good luck!

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem. Then I'll just TLDR repeat myself:

Update your system to 9.0, boot hekate ctcaer 5.0.2, NAND backup (important first step!) create emuMMC, live life on the wild side.

This page makes life very easy and is most usually up to date https://switch.hacks.guide/

Please don't follow a video guide... Good luck!
That page is horribly out of date.
It literally says
Version Table
From To
1.0.0 2.3.0 Homebrew Launcher (PegaSwitch)
3.0.0 3.0.0 Homebrew Launcher (Installer)
3.0.1 5.0.2 Wait for CFW -- Blocking Updates"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My switch is unpatched according to the NH switch guide. Thanks. Is there any way to use my 256gb microsd without updating?
use guiformat to format the card to fat32 then add your files onto it

Last edited by Mythical,

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It literally says
Version Table
From To

Whooops, you right! I Googled Switch hack guide and that's the first one that came up that looks a lot like the one I used (dark theme)

I was on my mobile. Thanks for clearing that up.

Reactions: Mythical

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It literally says
Version Table
From To

Thanks, so I made a mistake, I forgot to install an app on sysnand before installing emummc and cfw. I finished the entire guide but I cannot use homebrew.

How can I delete emummc so that I can remake it after installing it to sysnand?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thanks, so I made a mistake, I forgot to install an app on sysnand before installing emummc and cfw. I finished the entire guide but I cannot use homebrew.

How can I delete emummc so that I can remake it after installing it to sysnand?
Format or delete the partition where you have created emuMMC and create a new one.

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the page I used: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

Probably doesn't matter now... lol but maybe someone else will see it and bookmark it like I did!

I've unlinked and deleted my account from emuMMC for safety... but there is no evidence to suggest that even does anything.
If you remove your serial information that is probably enough but I just figure if they somehow check for an account... paranoia *shrug*

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like it's too late now, but personally I would leave sysnand on 4.1, and use pegascape. Using a dongle isn't a serious pain, but if I didn't have to, I wouldn't. Plus you are already planning to use emummc.

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, there is no need for unlinking. Only useful if you want to delete the nintendo account from your emuMMC.
Ah i see, I have one more question, Just a bit paranoid, but is there an option to disable boot to sysNAND in RCM? I heard you can by editting the hekate file but i've never found the details on how to do it.

EDIT: ahh i recreated the partition and reinstalled emuMMC with youtube, now its telling me that the app is not on the console... I tried launching youtube on sysnand and it works

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"