Have your friends/parents took your stuff and never gave it back?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Link5084, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Link5084
    OP

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    Yep, my friend took away my copy of Gears of War that I lent to him but he never gave it back. [​IMG]

2. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Yep, I loaned a FF7 Strategy Guide to a dude at a job I worked at.....he got fired. I never saw my guide again.

It's all good though, I bought another one.

3. Holaitsme

Member Holaitsme 10/10 would be loyal again

United States
    Just pencils.

4. laminaatplaat

Member laminaatplaat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    On a lan party at a friend of mine some fag stole my Warcraft 3 cd and Frozen Throne cd.... He didnt get the case so he doesnt even have a cd key....strange

Some stupid friend of my brother stole lego from us when we where very little :-/ (LEGO ROCKS)

@ school pencils etc.

I never got my learning books for driving back from some dude I knew from school... I already got my license but I hate that guy now because he says i never gave em to him :|

think thats about it.

5. moozxy

Member moozxy hamboning

United Kingdom
    I let this guy I knew borrow my Die Hard VHS Boxset (when 1+2 were the only ones out) and he gave it back without 1 and said he lost it :|
    Also I let this other guy borrow D2 + LOD and Rainbow 6 Rogue Spear and he never gave them back :'(

Most recently I let my friend borrow my Welcome to Dongmakgol dvd which she hasn't returned yet [​IMG]

6. Trippy

Member Trippy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My buddy's hot mom took my virginity and wont give it back. [​IMG]

7. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    My friend and I were given a PSP (I installed CFW on it) to "share" by a friend, and he claims that he lost it, while I see it at his house all the time. Oh well, it doesn't work anymore anyways.

EDIT: LOL @ Trippy's post.

8. Mei-o

Member Mei-o Generic Asian Kidâ„¢

Japan
    My friend borrowed my Oracle of Ages and in exchange I got to borrow his Link's Awakening, he forgot to give it back soooo it's just like we permanently traded carts.

9. 2002120141

Member 2002120141 GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Yes. The dragon (my aunt) "borrowed" our (brothers') gameboy pak which of course contained the almighty Tetris and never returned it. She even went so far to say that she never even borrowed it.
    Now, every time she tries to borrow my DS or any other property of mine, I say "no way!"

10. Panzer Tacticer

Member Panzer Tacticer veteran human

Canada
    Excellent [​IMG]

Yeah friends do this all the time, it's not just you.

My advice, write down who has what if you actually do loan out anything. Because the problem is a lot of times we just forget they have it, and they forget they have it, and you can forget getting it back if neither of you realize that it wasn't returned.

11. Licardo7

Member Licardo7 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I hear that. Luckly, she re-gifted it to her daughter and I had to take it back from her [​IMG] . That was a fun week.

Anyways, My smurfin friend took my DBZ tenkaishi 2, Spider Man 3, and my numb-chucks. Dam it, I miss those numb-chucks [​IMG]

12. Dwight

Member Dwight Gawb. Gawb Bluth.

United States
    Virginity, etc [​IMG]
    I let my friend borrow about 6 of my nds games when I got my flashcart, since I'm a filthy pirate, and he claims that they were "stolen".

13. silent sniper

Member silent sniper !dennaB

Canada
    well once one of my friends took my Wario Ware Twisted and didn't give it back for about 6 months...

other than that nothing

except pens, pencils, etc

but now i never lend anything out.

14. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    My mother has stolen hundreds of dollars from me with promises of return and never given it back. I've got my own job and pay her rent and everything. She just takes money from me and assumes every part of my life belongs to her. She even overdrew my bank account by forcing me to give my account information. Please don't ask how she forced me to giver her my info. It's very embarrassing. [​IMG]

15. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    She let you suck on her boobies when you were a baby, show some respect! [​IMG]

My brother lost my wallet and my tennis shoes when I was little. Also, he lost my 4gb Micro SDHC card and never helped me look for it.
    He's irresponsible with a lot of his things...

16. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Actually, according to the rest of my family, my mother never breastfed me! [​IMG] Soy milk you know? Maybe that was too much info though... [​IMG]

At any rate, I support her. It's not the other way around. Oh, and she broke my first DS (paid for and bought by me) by stealing it when I slept and dropping it on the floor. She was trying to use it as leverage to con me out of money. I was forced to work without sleep for a few days to pay for a new one.

17. Private|Par

Member Private|Par GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I do it all the time. I've got my friend's gamecube sitting in my room, loaned for a week (it's been about a year.) I'm sure I have at least a dozen books I've collected over the years, from friends who I lost contact with when I went to high-school. I return stuff when people ask, but it normally takes me a while. I have a really bad memory, and often forget what I'm doing as soon as I get where I'm meant to be, or put something down and forget where it is ten seconds later.