1. Deleted User

OP Deleted User Newbie

People have been asking for a new payment service and eBay listened — Adyen is their answer! You can read all about eBay's new changes here.

I'd just like feedback from you guys n' gals if you've used it and its pros and cons? How it's better than PayPal and all that.

Scott_pilgrim and jimbo13 like this.
  2. jimbo13

jimbo13 Terry Crews #1 Fan

United States
    It's not an endorsement but Adyen is not a ebay product or service, they just accept it. I never used them but alternatives to failpal is awesome. Thanks for the info

Scott_pilgrim and Deleted User like this.
  3. Chary

Chary Never sleeps
    Chief Editor

United States
    PayPal and its support are an absolute blazing tire trash fire, so I'm all for competition! I hope it does well.

weatMod, Jayro, Scott_pilgrim and 3 others like this.
  4. ChronFish

ChronFish Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    What's the best one? (no PayPal). I hate it when I choose something like this, and they have some stupid rules about how things are done, or they have some hidden ways to get money from you. I hope that the one on eBay is a good and transparent one. My problem with PayPal was the waiting to be approved, and waiting for transactions to be processed. There was a lot of waiting involved in it. Now I use maxpay and I like their ethoca pricing. Everything is transparent, and from the start you know how much will something cost. It is great when there are no surprises with stuff like that because it can lead to some unpleasant situations.

Last edited by ChronFish, Jan 27, 2021
  5. NNate

NNate GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've started paying using eBay's own payment system. Previously always used PayPal. From the buyer perspective I've noticed no difference

6. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Malwarebytes Bootable Developer
    Developer

United States
    Yeah, I'm well-aware of this. I had some Russian hackers make two purchases via my PayPal and they charged $94.19 TWICE, in Russian Rubles, to my bank... and PayPal not only refused my refund once, but twice, stating "Nah, it was you fam." I even explained both times that it was in a Russian currency, and that got me nowhere, so I took it up with my bank, and they're currently still disputing it against PayPal. I just have to wait and see what the outcome is. I'm REALLY hoping they don't make me eat that $188.38, or I'll be hella pissed. I don't even know how the hackers are able to charge my PayPal for things, when I've never shared my password I've never sold or given away any electronics with my account logged in, I've never had anything lost or stolen from me, and I have two-factor authentication turned on. I have zero notifications of login attempts either, so I'm absolutely floored that PayPal has the audacity to say those fraudulent charges were caused by me. So I just have to stop using PayPal since their security and support are a fucking joke. Even changing my password didn't seem to do jack shit, because even my new debit card on there was compromised. All I can think is maybe there was a data breach, and my shit was in it. And I loved using PayPal, so it really pains me to say this, but...

FUCK PAYPAL.

weatMod and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  7. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Sounds like someone gained remote access to your PC and used it to access your (presumably already logged in on that PC) PayPal account.

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  8. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

United States
    I lament that eBay and PayPal never *merged* merged. They were operated as largely separate sites, with the added complication of both charging fees to sellers.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - service), payment, (eBays