have you upgraded your dsi firmware

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by paulo_jr_, May 3, 2009.

?

have you upgraded your dsi firmware

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
May 3, 2009
  1. paulo_jr_
    OP

Newcomer paulo_jr_ Newbie

United States
    hi i just bought my nintendo dsi...and im curious to know about which firmware the majority of people is using.

2. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    There's almost no difference between the like 3 firmwares out...

3. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    Why wouldn't people update? You're common sence cells are in need of repairs.

4. Eon-Rider

Member Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Isn't there a chance there was a security hole fixed since the first version which could've been exploited? I'm on 1.3A so yes, I've upgraded.

5. Kingfield

Member Kingfield GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    If you can't think of a reason not to upgrade, then YOUR common sense cells are in need of repairs.

Looks like your spelling/grammatical "cells" are also in need of repairs.

6. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Can't imagine updating before any hacks appear would make much difference - after all, Nintendo aren't going to fix vulnerabilities with firmware updates until after they're found.

7. Tokiopop

United Kingdom
    Okay, smart guy, why would you not want to update to 1.3? Exactly. There's no reason not to.

And thanks for pointing out one small error, I'm sure you've never made a spelling or grammatical error, because you're so perfect and god like. All hail Kingfield, the perfect one.

8. raep

Newcomer raep Member

Puerto Rico
    the reason why people dont want to update is because theyr afriad ninty may block flashcarts or something that will in the future enable homebrew [​IMG]

9. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Well, if 1.3U DID block flashcarts, wouldn't you think the forums will be flooded with posts? There's not a single one so it would have been wise to assume it DOESN'T BLOCK SHIT! [​IMG]

10. Tokiopop

United Kingdom
    If you read my post, I said "why would you not want to update to 1.3?". 1.3 does not block flash cards/homebrew/the possibility of other hacks. So there is still no reason for people not to update. If, or when, an update comes out that disabled flash cards and other 'hacks', then there is a reason to update. Try reading posts before you attempt to reply to them.

11. raep

Newcomer raep Member

Puerto Rico
    i did read and i do know that 1.3 dosnt block anything but some people dont know that and thats why they dont update thats probably why he was asking if people had updated to be sure it was save and not do something stupid

12. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    No, the original poster made another topic before this one asking if any firmware blocks flashcarts and we replied no. So this topic is not made to ask if flashcarts block.

But honestly people there's tons of other topics, a search button, and an stickied FAQ that can answer that question.

:|