Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

antigirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick generic survey to see if people have suffered any sort of problems with their R4.
I know we all suffer from the "reinserting r4" card when its not read sometimes

but

earlier my r4 loaded, but when i went into games OR multemedia, the top screen would go black and bottom screen would just be the plain skin/logo.
Reinserting tf and r4, etc did nothing. Checked tf card aswell.

I updated to final release of 1.6 and now it seems to be working, so wondering if the whole back up and format is another regular problem such as the "reinserting r4" one.

UNLESS my problem was because i had the beat version of 1.6 but i dont see how thats possible if it just suddenly stopped working.

thanks

SkuiD87

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've only had mine since Yesterday so I'll hold my vote till I've played around with it a lil more. But so far no major problems. Just the re-insert thing once, but since then it's been perfect...

Oh and I started with Vers. 1.6 so if there were probs with earlier versions I wouldn't know...

N3CR0P57

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
No problems whatsoever. Not with the included reader/writer, not with the R4 itself, not even with the microSD. I've had the pleasure of testing 5 seperate R4 cards, and of those cards, only 1 wouldn't lock the MicroSD card. I pushed it in a few more times and it's been fine ever since.
I have had problems with original carts, not being detected when inserted, but not with the R4.
What can I say, I must have a horseshoe up my ass.

EDIT: PS - I'm still using 1.06 Beta (I don't need no steeenkin E-book reader)

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I must have a horseshoe up my ass.

[/quote]

lmfao where can i get one of them installed
rofl2.gif

Danieluz

Trophies
XP
Country
Me, my girlfriend and a friend, have each a r4ds and none of us have experienced any problem with it.

Krayzzie77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got my card a week ago. everything worked fine then all of a sudden when i turned my ds on it just start hanging on the "Loading" black screen... i tried a lot of different things (reformating, a differnt DS), none worked.

then i just took the r4 cartridge out and squeezed it a little.... then IT WORKED!

very weird... i really hope it doesnt happen again.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No problems at all. I've had it for a couple weeks now. I have inserted and removed it many, many times while testing the DS Motion card and never had a startup issue. Great card so far.

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely no problems. Ordered mine before the new year so I have a 1st batch card. Worked perfectly since the very beginning (aside from the microSD reader causing my computer to go crazy, in which case I promptly 'discarded' it).

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Had my R4 for about a month, and I've spent most of my time getting 1000% on Castlevania POR. I had one freeze a few weeks ago while trying to warp.

It wasn't a big deal, but I was still fairly pissed because it broke my R4's flawless streak.

corbs132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VOTE:no.
REALITY: yes, but only with the card reader. the r4 itself is amazing. my money was wasted on a microsd from the reader, trying to return.

bl21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i heard that R4 is the best slot1 card in terms of quality, and seems it is the only slot1 card that can work with slow tf card. ds-x is an exception, since it does not need tf at all.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i heard that R4 is the best slot1 card in terms of quality, and seems it is the only slot1 card that can work with slow tf card. ds-x is an exception, since it does not need tf at all.
Truth be told, after having EZ5 and R4 both apart I have to say the EZ5 is a better physical build quality (and they took some decent steps to make it work 100% with extremely slow SD cards). The plastic itself is stronger and the PCB is thicker/stronger than the R4's, and they didn't resort to epoxy coated dies which I always relate to the cheap/junky single game handhelds. They didn't use a spring slot (some say boo to this), but I bet the ones without springs last alot better.

Never had a problem with either though...

antigirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just cause it plays yours favourite game, doesnt disregard the fact it has a few flaws. it cant be perfect for its price, or can it ?
if you have a problem its a problem, minor as it may be, its not as robust as people make it out to be. I was gonna get my gf one but end users cant deal with these 'minor' draw backs ?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are no perfect products for any price; every flash cart has issues and the R4/Simply is no exception.

The bad: Downhill Jam slows down with most microSD cards, some people have had trouble getting skins to work with the new firmware, the included card reader sucks, and the save files use more space than they need to. A few people have had it stop working altogether for one reason or another, but that's true of every cart.

The good: Every game runs on the R4/Simply, nearly every game runs perfectly, most games do not need a fast SD card to work perfectly, Castlevania PoR works just as well on this cart as it does on any other microSD based flash cart, it doesn't require you to specify the save type or use a save list, it saves directly to the .sav file on the memory card so you don't have to wait for it to copy the save data every time you start it up, it is extremely simple to use, it does not require any windows software to work or update, and it's cheap.

Based on what I've seen in these forums I think the pros outweigh the cons more for this cart than any other, but I can't make that claim from experience because the only other flash cart I've used is the G6 lite.

I've had no problems with my M3 Simply BTW.

D

Deleted User

I got a few for my friends, they work but there's only a small problem with one of them. The TF card goes in alright, with a nice solid click, but when removing it it'll only come out half way it's supposed to. It just requires a little tug to get it out so it's not really a problem anyway.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got a few for my friends, they work but there's only a small problem with one of them. The TF card goes in alright, with a nice solid click, but when removing it it'll only come out half way it's supposed to. It just requires a little tug to get it out so it's not really a problem anyway.
Mine was like that with both of my microSD cards, but after inserting & removing the SD cards many times they now both come out without resistance.

k2theman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Big giant knock on wood here, but so far so good. I'm using an R4 with a Kingston 1GB (Japan), and haven't had even one problem. Every game runs at good speed, no hangups/freezes/artifacts/weirdness to speak of. The included microSD reader has worked every time I've inserted it into the computer, and similarly the R4 itself has worked every time I've started up my DS.

I could just be one of the lucky ones, but so far I'm completely satisfied with my purchase.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there