Have you read the aims of your political parties?

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Like have you guys sat down and looked at what the parties of your country want?
And how they go about phrasing it?
The monster raving loony party and the BNP are my favourite laughs for the UK.

Although the BNP is a bit scary:

"Abolish the “Human Rights Act” which has been imposed on this country through the European Union, and which is nothing but an excuse to prevent British laws stopping the scroungers of the world parasiting off this nation"

Imagine they got elected?
http://www.bnp.org.uk/policies/democracy
http://www.loonyparty.com/history-4/loony-archive/2010-general-election-manifesto/

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I refuse to align myself with a political party. Even if I agree with a party's stances, the very concept of political parties disgust me. I'm with George Washington who warned us against political parties.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wouldn't really want to focus on Canadian politics. All what is going on is that the Toronto Mayor, the prime minister, the premier..
Smoked weed and media and everyone are over reacting.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I pay attention to talking heads on the Left and the Right, and I am proud to be a Liberal Democrat. I side with every single liberal issue, and I find the Right wing is far more prone to cherry pick facts, manipulate statements, avoid self accountability within their party, etc. Although both parties politicians feed from the same trough, it is up to the citizens to hold politicians feet to the fire.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You mean people actually pay attention to politics?

If you think some of the comments around this and other forums are mind boggling stupid and yet highly amusing at the same time in a lot of instances then politics does the same but several hundred times a day.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you think some of the comments around this and other forums are mind boggling stupid and yet highly amusing at the same time in a lot of instances then politics does the same but several hundred times a day.
These stupid people are also the ones who run our countries on a daily basis.

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I remember doing a report on the canadian political parties platforms and graphed them based on their stances on issues and just about every party save the conservatives were grouped together with the communist party we have (little movement away from that party and all in the realm of being socalist parties). it was both laughable and sad to see such little difference between the parties.

isaac52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The right and left political parties are both messed up. Though recently liberals have been taking the crazy cake over conservatives.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The only party here that manages to make me laugh occasionally is the PVV. (Partij Voor de Vrijheid, basically Freedom Party) It has one official member and pretty much all he does is hate on things. Unfortunately the guy actually has quite a lot of followers. He used to have much more, but still quite a bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/28/business/chocolate-price-increase-easter-holidays/index.html