abdezca

OP
Trophies
Between the south of Texas and north of Tamaulipas
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello GBATemp,

Since the days of the good old Wii, I always come and visit GBATEMP to get the latest news and development in homebrew. In all honestly, I wasn't into homebrew or anything like that. The other console that I owned and had a lot of homebrew was the Dreamcast and it run some stuff barely (see bsnes).

Then the Wii came in, and Ohh Boy!!!! All the apps, the retro games, and even a backup loader that surpassed anything that Nintendo did with their menu and the cherry on top is that everything works nicely.

The Wii U comes in, but it takes a while to crack. Finally last year a set of talented people did it and a scene is taking place, but I haven't found myself as hyped as I hoped to be. I see the backup loaders but I already bought a decent part of the must haves on the Wii U, so I don't care about that. Then I see that the only active emulator is retroarch which is a repository.

I haven't seen the Project Ms or the CTGP mario kart 8 compilations, I know its early stage, but in the end I don't see any incentive to hack my Wii U because his older brother does everything better.

Do you feel the same?

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello GBATemp,

Since the days of the good old Wii, I always come and visit GBATEMP to get the latest news and development in homebrew. In all honestly, I wasn't into homebrew or anything like that. The other console that I owned and had a lot of homebrew was the Dreamcast and it run some stuff barely (see bsnes).

Then the Wii came in, and Ohh Boy!!!! All the apps, the retro games, and even a backup loader that surpassed anything that Nintendo did with their menu and the cherry on top is that everything works nicely.

The Wii U comes in, but it takes a while to crack. Finally last year a set of talented people did it and a scene is taking place, but I haven't found myself as hyped as I hoped to be. I see the backup loaders but I already bought a decent part of the must haves on the Wii U, so I don't care about that. Then I see that the only active emulator is retroarch which is a repository.

I haven't seen the Project Ms or the CTGP mario kart 8 compilations, I know its early stage, but in the end I don't see any incentive to hack my Wii U because his older brother does everything better.

Do you feel the same?

Reason that your not as hyped about the Wii U is because very few people, of which even fewer developers, are actually hyped for it, thus not a lot is released.
The only thing I really wanted was vwii with the Gamepad usage, or at least Nintendont, as that was touted as being possible, but even now that IOSUhax has been released, nobody's has been able to crack this code to it yet.
I have haxchi, so I can always access homebrew, even when offline, but I haven't really used for anything besides installing like 2/3 of my game backups. It's also not coldboot as loading said games upon installation apparently doesn't require sigpatches, so I see no point to coldboot unless custom themes end up being a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted User

That's because we don't have many devs.
We [Don't count me in since I will not become a dev in upcoming years but I plan to learn2homebrw] have some that are still willing and are probably currently trying to make recovery on Wii U a thing, the other are still experimenting and another part is emulation. [We have a PPC bounty for Dynarec core]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there