OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Let's see what we get!

I’m curious to hear the results of this.

You can use this sig if you want (please link back here if you use it)! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/grood/hyflyds.png
hyflyds.png

This sig was by: RyukeDragon

EDIT: Yay! 500 votes!

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I didn't flash my DS, I saw no point in it. Yes it has some nice little features, but with my slot 1 and slot 2 flashcards, I don't really have a need for any of them. I also have one of the newer DS Lites that can't be bricked due to harmful homebrew and such. Also there hasn't been a bricker released for the DS in ages.

More people ended up bricking their DS from trying to install FlasMe than DSs being bricked due to malware, Which is a bit ironic.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
playallday said:
I have not Flashed my DS Lite, I don't have $119.99 to test on
wink.gif

Why do you need to? 3 sec and a a tap isn't going to kill you!
Most Flashcards now a days automatically boot up after the Health screen without needing a tap. Hence why I find FlashMe mostly useless to me. Also the screen never really bothered me anyways.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Narin said:
playallday said:
I have not Flashed my DS Lite, I don't have $119.99 to test on
wink.gif

Why do you need to? 3 sec and a a tap isn't going to kill you!
Most Flashcards now a days automatically boot up after the Health screen without needing a tap. Hence why I find FlashMe mostly useless to me. Also the screen never really bothered me anyways.

oh good point my SCD1 does that. me too.

QUOTE(pizzaroo1 @ May 26 2008, 07:08 PM)
i have not flashed my DS. Its not worth the 120 dollar risk >_>
So true!

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flashed mine almost as soon as I got my Supercard miniSD. The Superkey isn't nearly as cumbersome as older PassMe devices, but I still like being able to have my own DS game in the DS slot all the time.

I also hate the warning screen, so getting rid of that is a nice bonus.

lewjay

Trophies
XP
Country
Naw, back in the day I ended up getting one of those Max media launchers from datel, too much of a chicken.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Almost every DS I come into contact with gets flashed here, no health screen to be seen. Yet to get an original DS to have multiple light levels though and I have slowly forgotten what the pictochat colours mean however.

I still have my EZ4 as my main DS cart though so I can see why those who prefer the DS slot carts do not go in for flashme.

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HA! As if I'd risk poor little Moppet for something as silly as Flashed firmware--as far as I understand Flashing will do the same thing for you that a Flash card. You can get a flash card for 30 bucks on average as opposed to playing daredevil with a 120$ peice of technology that sooo many people dont even want to take the time to understand properly.

Though, I do wonder that I haven't missed something. I've never seriously looked into it. So can someone tell me what exactly can Flashing do for your DS--besides remove the warning screen and save you all the agony of tapping a screen?

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
gizmo_gal said:
HA! As if I'd risk poor little Moppet for something as silly as Flashed firmware--as far as I understand Flashing will do the same thing for you that a Flash card. You can get a flash card for 30 bucks on average as opposed to playing daredevil with a 120$ peice of technology that sooo many people dont even want to take the time to understand properly.

Though, I do wonder that I haven't missed something. I've never seriously looked into it. So can someone tell me what exactly can Flashing do for your DS--besides remove the warning screen and save you all the agony of tapping a screen?
http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/Flashme

QUOTE* The button combination A+B+X+Y, gamecode "PASS" or title "DSBooter" on the GBA cartridge automatically starts program from GBA cartridge (starting from offset 0xC0), as with PassMe.
* Fallback to standard firmware: The Select button skips gamecode detection. This means you can hold Select to boot the DS card, Select+B to boot the GBA card, or Select+Start to enter the firmware menu. Useful if you have a card with GBA/DS dual compatible firmware, such as a GBA Movie Player v2 with Chishm's firmware.
* Failsafe feature: The button combination A+B+Select+Start starts program from GBA cartridge even if most of the firmware is erased, but it doesn't initialize as much of the hardware. [1]
* Backlight fades in at startup.
* Effectively removes the health screen, making it less annoying to boot. If you want to maintain the health screen, such as for warranty purposes, the official FlashMe page has a so-called "stealth" version that does not remove the health screen.
* Remove RSA signature check for Wireless MultiBooting (WMB) homebrew NDS files.
* As of October 23, 2005, FlashMe now recognizes the new v4 firmware that originally appeared in the red DS, downgrading it to v3 firmware.
* As of January 1, 2006, FlashMe's installer now displays the version of your original firmware, version of FlashMe you currently have installed, and the version you are trying to install.

You're not missing much.

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have for my original ds i.e. Phat, but not with my DS Lite because there's a chance it'll go wrong with DS Lite and basically none with DS.

I flashed my original DS just incase a bricker comes along (very doubtful) but mainly to play download play, when I'm using my G6 Real in my DS Lite. I used the stealth version and no auto boot, so it acts very much as if it was not flashed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm sleepy good night