Have You Every Shoplifted

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by tomqman, Jun 28, 2008.

?

Have You Every Shoplifted. if yes share what

1. yes many times but not been caught

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. yes, been caught

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. no way

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Jun 28, 2008

Have You Every Shoplifted by tomqman at 10:43 PM (9,667 Views / 0 Likes) 95 replies

1. tomqman
    OP

Member tomqman This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.

United Kingdom
    well every one has done stupid things and one of the things i did was nicking warhammer, freebies on magzines and in games like pokemon cards. also nicked a few lego bionicles from woolworths(but i work for them now and i feel really bad for i did when i was younger). i remeber when i got caught i had £125-£200 worth of warhammer in my bag when i got grabbed by secruity and my mum had to come and get me. i was pierpresured into to doing it [​IMG] and have really hated myself when i think about it).

so have you ever nicked anything if so what and did you get caught

2. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    Never, I usually buy stuff and when I don't it's usually 'cause I can pirate it.

3. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    Sometimes, when I see something not protected with boxes or magnetic strips, i feel the urge to take it. But then I remember that there are cameras everywhere...

So no, I never shoplifted.

4. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    Not once [​IMG]

5. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    When I was like 8 I took a used Samsung's 9-Volt battery from some random Chinese store to use it on my Walkie-Talkie, I think it didn't work. My first and last time.

6. Prophet

Member Prophet Resident Black Militant

United States
    Only when I was hungry.

7. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    I stole a pack of Certs when I was 7. Nowadays the closest I come to shoplifting is to put the wrong number on bulk items for a small discount, and I only do that at Safeway, because I hate them with a passion.

8. moozxy

Member moozxy hamboning

United Kingdom
    Never.

9. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    twice AFAIR (remember) when I was in primary school (so before I was 12). didn't get caught but I stopped anyway - knew that I'd done wrong etc.

10. pinbi7

Member pinbi7 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    beer...lots of it

11. gizmo_gal

Member gizmo_gal QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!

United States
    Nope never. I've take a limited edition coin from a fountain once though. I still hate myself for that when I think about it.

12. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    I stole a pair of sunglasses from Old Navy

13. distorted.freque

Member distorted.freque I'm getting mixed signals here!

Canada
    Nope. I am a slave to paranoia. >_>

14. cosmo2389

Member cosmo2389 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Nope... Stealing is bad!

15. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    I've never even attempted.

Why would I ever shoplift things that I can afford?

And trying to shoplift 62" Plasma FHDTV would be kinda stupid. Or a queen size memory-foam mattress.

16. Dylaan

Member Dylaan GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Not sure if it's related, but I always laugh when I see half-eaten confectionery at the supermarket. I mean people try grapes to see if the bunch is any good... Testing the colour of spray paint before you buy is always fun. I have never walked out of a shop with something I don't own though...

17. Gore

Member Gore GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    psh. like you're really all moral beings. :roll:

i stoles lots of stuff.
    i stole a ton of those little buttons and keyrings from spencers, drumsticks, pokemon blue (from a friends house), yugioh cards (many times, people steal them before me but leave a ton. like open packs not stolen out of, a wrapped in plastic deck (out of the box, in the plastic)). (yes, 2 pairs or parenthesis.)
    erhh... what else..
    lighters, tons of lighters, two locks me and a friend just put in his backpack and walked out. one was for him though.
    a lot more stuff i can't think of. [​IMG]
    i'm a terrible person. [​IMG]

18. Twiffles

Member Twiffles танковые победы

Germany
    Uh, yes? Way back like 8 years ago. It was at Target. Me tooks video games and barbies...... xD
    I was caught taking, I think, was a gameboy game. This weird guy stalked me around the store and took the box where I got the game to a police officer. >.>

19. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Twice with two very lame small items about 3 years ago (i was about 14 i guess). It was in a time of my life where i was struggling with alot of pressure from school and family problems. And i had no job and pocket money, yet i wanted some of the little luxuries other people had.

The first time was a dvd and i didn't get caught. It was a bit of a thrill which probably encouraged my second time. second time was a usb stick or something.

I peeled of the label figuring that is what the detectors look for, but somehow it still beeped as i went through. the person at the counter called me over and i complied fearing that taking a runner was worse and that i might still be able to get away with it.

Unfortunately i didn't get lucky. they sent me to a room in the back of the store while they called the police and told me to never come to the store ever again. i got taken home in the police car. I was really emotional crying in the police car as i knew i was in deep shit and i didn't want to face my parents.

I think reaction helped increase their sympathy on me as they believed how genuinely sorry i was and explained to me what they would do.
    Something along the lines of that it would go on my record temporarily but be erased when i turned 18.

When they took me home and spoke to my dad i was still very emotional and worried, but they explained everything to my dad and it was all pretty smooth. My parents took it pretty well and didn't reprimand me, only had a deep chat to me about it.

Ever since i have seriously regretted it so much and promised myself i would never be tempted to shoplift ever again. And i would discourage anyone who was about to attempt it or joked about it.

I couldn't get it out of my head for a long time (i am a pretty emotional guy and my conscience gets to me in this kind of situations). Even now i still occasionally remember it, especially when i walk past the store i got caught in. And often the beeping alarms going off when walking through shopping centers often triggers my memory or an elevated heartbeat.

Funnily enough now i p1r*te. I guess i feel a lack of guilt about it given that it's not a physical copy and the chances of being caught are so small. Not to mention the numerous other justifications behind it.
    But maybe i would think different if again i suffered consequences to my actions.

20. spkeyhdgehog

Newcomer spkeyhdgehog Newbie

United States
    when i do shop lift it's usually completely unintentional (seriously). the biggest offense was probably around 7 years ago when I was buying a ps2. I bought it along with FFX, and while i was waiting to ring it up i was talking to a friend of mine about an mlb game...mlb heat maybe? it was the one that was like...baseball with NBA Jam gameplay. after i paid and walked out, i take a look in the bag and lo and behold the mlb game's in there. i check the receipt...nope didn't pay for it. did i go back and correct the mistake? nope. kept walkin. in retrospect, i probably should have. piece of crap is taking up space.