Hacking Have you ever shown your friends about Wii hacking?

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since so many people want the Wii, they are mostly unaware of the hidden features such as hacking it to get the Homebrew Channel and playing backup games. Have you ever reccomended your friends about the Wii hacking?

jspicher

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.coastalwebinnovations.com
XP
Country
United States
I've done it (applied twlight hack and loaded them up with ROMS/EMUs) for a few friends... but l wished l never have, becuase now they've told their friends and family, and so on and so on - They seem to think it's as easy as snapping your fingers, which it is but it still takes a half hour/hour to do (for me).

Not to mention the brick potential. What if they go and brick the wii - will they blame me and expect me to fix/buy a new wii for them? Screw that.

The way l get out of it now is have them check their what system menu they are on.. and say "Ooops nope that's a newer wii that's been patched, don't think l can help with that one".

My suggestion is to just keep it to yourself - because like l said even if you only know 3 people with wiis, each of those three know 5 people with wiis, and those five know 10 people with wiis etc etc etc.... You'll turn into a wii hacking slave overnight.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Link5084 said:
Since so many people want the Wii, they are mostly unaware of the hidden features such as hacking it to get the Homebrew Channel and playing backup games. Have you ever reccomended your friends about the Wii hacking?

But you need a mod chip to hack it right? And get the home brew channel, play backups, etc.

caffolote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOwnAndPwnU said:
Link5084 said:

But you need a mod chip to hack it right? And get the home brew channel, play backups, etc.

Not exactly

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ive stopped doing this as well. unless its someone who i know is a techy and can upgrade loaders, install IOS's etc etc on there own, i will not help someone hack there wii. it just brings to many headaches...

"why cant i play this game?"
"how can i install this homebrew"
"my wii wont connect to shop cannel"

fak em.....if they cant do it on there own, then they dont deserve to get it done for them
tongue.gif

ps im a bitter mofo

hksmrchan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of them said he could report me to the poo poos if he wanted to, my other friend threatened to beat him up if he did, I told the both to calm the fuck down and just play.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have brought up the subject to a few people before. They'll ask how to do it and I give a brief run through just so they can get the idea. Once they hear how to do it they see it as way too complicated and lose interest. Im okay with it because the risk of them being too stupid and bricking their wii is always in my mind. Im no going to be held responsible for them bricking their wii.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
caffolote said:
IOwnAndPwnU said:
Link5084 said:

Not exactly

Explain.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IOwnAndPwnU said:
caffolote said:
IOwnAndPwnU said:
Link5084 said:

Not exactly

Explain.
What the hell? Have you ever read anything on this site before?

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@IOwnAndPwnU: From 3.3 and up you can't hack it with a modchip, softmodding is the only solution, and simplest. Read on how to install the Twilight Hack in the Hacking forum.

I play games with my friends, but some complain at how a get them, they don't have the Wii(cept one, his family got a bundle for xmas)

We were going to play Rock Band 2, and before we played, my friend's dork brother(he has to come or she can't
frown.gif
)is like, "Why not just buy the game, it take too long to download" and shit like this. So I don't mention it too much to him, just pop in the games.

But I would do hacking, it's just that hardly anyone a knew had a wii.

Silent Storm

Trophies
XP
Country
I told my friend about the twilight hack and he nearly bricked/killed/whatever his Wii (wasn't turning on for a while, he even tried turning on the wii in other rooms)

deviljr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
i wouldn't personally softmod someone else's wii, but i have told a couple of mates about it and one has successfully modded their's. the other is too lazy.

Base

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've told my friends about modding and all the homebrew. But they were to scared to do anything to their wii.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
alex said:
@IOwnAndPwnU: From 3.3 and up you can't hack it with a modchip, softmodding is the only solution, and simplest. Read on how to install the Twilight Hack in the Hacking forum.

I play games with my friends, but some complain at how a get them, they don't have the Wii(cept one, his family got a bundle for xmas)

We were going to play Rock Band 2, and before we played, my friend's dork brother(he has to come or she can't
frown.gif
)is like, "Why not just buy the game, it take too long to download" and shit like this. So I don't mention it too much to him, just pop in the games.

But I would do hacking, it's just that hardly anyone a knew had a wii.

Hi. I'm a bit new to the Wii scene so please bear with me. I have confirmed that I am on 3.3U.
Are you saying that if I get Wii Key 2 installed on my Nintendo Wii (3.3U), it will not work?
Then I have to downgrade somehow (FYI, my Wii came with 3.3U, whenever I tried to update, it never worked, which I guess is a good thing). But I've read that downgrading is .. umm .. not good/not possible.

Can you just tell me simply how to play back up games without the mod chip on 3.3U (because you are saying it won't work with a mod chip), and I do NOT have that Twilight game. And I'm pretty sure you need both the game and save file, unfortunately. So please explain to me without any harassment.

QUOTE(Base @ Jan 2 2009, 07:36 PM) I've told my friends about modding and all the homebrew. But they were to scared to do anything to their wii.

My friends a bit worried to when I asked him if he was going to get it modded. Frankly, once you get it done, it should be fine.

Rebound

Trophies
XP
Country
I keep it to myself, unless there's something in it for me
tongue.gif

But yeah, if they can't figure out how to do it, then they dont deserve it

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rebound said:
I keep it to myself, unless there's something in it for me
tongue.gif

But yeah, if they can't figure out how to do it, then they dont deserve it

So true. I might softmod his Wii if he lets me use his friend's original game for the Twilight Hack on my own Wii.

But I think a mod chip is the way to go.

Quick question: If I get a mod chip installed, can I just use a back up of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess game to make the hack?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Every day you learn something new, I didn't know the ModChips were only for 3.2 and earlier...

back on topic: I only know one friend with a Wii, I told him, send the link of wiibrew.org, and he modified succesfuly his Wii, and then I told him about the backup launcher, but he wasn't interested because of what I am suffering right now:

Too many games + few time to play = dusty DVD's stored
frown.gif

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ether2802 said:
Every day you learn something new, I didn't know the ModChips were only for 3.2 and earlier...

back on topic: I only know one friend with a Wii, I told him, send the link of wiibrew.org, and he modified succesfuly his Wii, and then I told him about the backup launcher, but he wasn't interested because of what I am suffering right now:

Too many games + few time to play = dusty DVD's stored
frown.gif

So, what I could do is do the Twilight Hack http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118446 which involves downgrading to 3.2U. Then I could get my Nintendo Wii modded with a Wii Key 2.

If I get the HBC through Twilight Hack (is it called TH?) and THEN I get 3.2U, will it be possible to mod my Wii???

Why didn't anyone tell me that 3.3U+ firmware is not good with a mod chip!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM