Hacking Have you ever shown your friends about Wii hacking?

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ga1l0w said:
I downgraded both of my friends wii's in return for them jailbreaking my ipod and putting custom firmwire on my psp.

I hate when people ask you to hack their wii, and then tell you if you brick it you buy them a new one.

sleep.gif
Then tell them they won't get a hacked Wii. Lol, I would NEVER do it for such a BIT** like that.

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
i've done quiet a few Wii's using a softmod, and installed the backup loader...

to be honest i tell anyone that if they update then it wont work, and i take no responsibility if they damage it and its working when i leave so.

might sound harsh but if you want free games, you take the risk.

have to admit tho lately with the 002 errors on NFS and such i've been gettin phone calls all the time from my brother in the ASDA Walmart, askin me what games is it safe to by his kids and stupid shit...

makes me wish i never done it.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IOwnAndPwnU said:
screamq3 said:
fmv's = full motion videos
smile.gif

Posts merged

yes you can install HBC via a disc, go onto the hbc website and they have it in iso format

So fmv's are like those videos in SSBB Subspace Emissionary. Okay, got that.

For the HBC on a disc, it said system menu 3.2? I have 3.3U? Will it still work?

Anything ?

smurphyzeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You kind of need friends to show them how to hack their Wii
sleep.gif

But I've told a few friends (even ones that don't have Wiis, I only know two or three with a Wii) about it. A few were interested in it.

And the whole thing about them saying you have to buy them a Wii if it bricks, just get the files and let them put them in the right folders and install them on the Wii.

screamq3

Trophies
XP
Country
IOwnAndPwnU said:
IOwnAndPwnU said:
screamq3 said:
smile.gif

Posts merged

yes you can install HBC via a disc, go onto the hbc website and they have it in iso format

For the HBC on a disc, it said system menu 3.2? I have 3.3U? Will it still work?

Anything ?

not sure could give it a go mate? but according to the hbc site 3.2 is recommended? just pasting what it says on site...
ISO (Selfbooting disc image for people with drivechips)
!! Only works on systemmenu

D

Deleted User

I told one of my pals, and I regret it. 5 Euro (Well, after conversion from RM) is worth nothing compared to the countless calls he made and the times when he forces me to go online while I was playing the Wii.

I regret it. Fully regretted it.

6voltsystem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made the mistake of doing it once....then I would get phone calls about I want this I want that this doesn't work this does....why can't I do this, Blah blah blah! Then that person told a few others and i got tired of it told them forget it no more. I do it for myself and nobody else. It is to much of a hassel, I agree, if they don't know how to do it then don't show them.

colmiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOwnAndPwnU said:
IOwnAndPwnU said:
screamq3 said:
smile.gif

Posts merged

Anything ?
you would need your wii already chipped to use that disc, and even then that is just more work

the twilight hack is very quick and easy,
the homebrew channel is now version 1.01 which works on 3.3 firmware with no extra steps needed
all you have to do is download the twilight hack here and follow the steps on that link on how to figure put it on your SD card and then on your wii

once you have the twilight hack installed, download and put the homebrew channel installer on the root of your SD card, from there just follow these instructions:
Assuming the Twilight Hack is already installed on your Wii;

1. Download the installer from the link above.
2. Expand the archive to find README.txt, wiiload and boot.elf
3. Place the boot.dol file in the root of your SD card.
4. Run the Twilight Hack, and allow the installer to load.
5. READ THE DISCLAIMER! In the VERY unlikely case your Wii should be bricked by the installer, this will let you know where you stand in regards to Team Twiizers.
6. Press the RESET button on your Wii.

The installation should be automatic from this point on, and your Wii will reboot.

seriously though, you need to READ. everybody on here's telling to you to read but youre not listening, you need to read all this stuff carefully unless you want to brick your wii.

even after reading my post which contains most of the important info on how to install the homebrew channel, you should read everything in the following two links:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Twilight_Hack
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Channel

those are the two links i've been linking to throughout this whole post, i just want to emphasize that you should really read them.
and then everything's a piece of cake
wink2.gif

hint: i didn't provide you with direct link to the files needed ( twilight hack; homebrew channel installer) so you would actually HAVE to read to figure out which are the correct ones to use. the twilight hack has two versions, and the homebrew channel has only one so that one should be a given
tongue.gif

EDIT: on topic, i've shown my friends, some seemed interested but they're not much into games so blah, however i think i might softmod my uncle's kids' wii...
smile.gif

Dr Eggman

I am THE Eggman.
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Canada
Heh, i told a lot of people. But i only showed one in particular. My good friend. Sometimes we'll be talking
"Did you see the new version of xxx homebrew etc"
and my other friends will be thinking
"WTF are they talking about?!?!?"
I don't regret it. Only thing, once, he took the update to 3.4, so i downgraded him. But that's it!
I just told him about the Twilight Hack. He found out everything else on his own. (we started back in the days of 0.1 alpha 1, we used to toss around an SD Gekko)

D

Deleted User

That's a smart friend eggman. But my friend, he depends EVERYTHING on me >__>.

For instance, he wants me to provide the files, while you can actually get them off wiibrew.

So that's why I regretted it.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I personally won't introduce anyone who is non technical to the homebrew/softmod scene... Made that mistake back with the original xbox... If they couldn't do it themselves you tend to be making alot of work/annoying phone calls for yourself. Just like on the boards few people want to learn they just want everything done for them.... kinda like life in general. Which is sad. At least with the wii i dont have 10 different people calling me every day asking where can i get x? why can't i do y? why does it do Z? etc.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unless you make money off it ... or get something in return, it's not worth it I suppose. But I would definitely brag about it!

Do any of you brag about your softmod?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have modded about 75-80 wii's in all at this stage - more to come.
The more that hear about it the more that want it done. I get some donations for my efforts which i dont refuse but i dont really tell people how its done or leave the SD card in the slot for them.
I have shown a few how its done , but they are the close friends - i keep them up to date with files as well.

telefunkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tell everyone about it. If they want it done however, I tell them to come here and figure it out for themselves. I used to help friends out with their PC's before and will never do that again. I don't know what it is, do a favor for someone by fixing their PC and they think they are entitled to free tech support for life. I can see softmoddin a wii being just as annoying.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lol no problem, got everything figured out and stuff ... well except all that IOS shit for the HBC and all that stuff I really don't care about. LMAO !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."