Gaming Have you ever had a game spoiled by spoilers before?

Have you ever had a game spoiled by spoilers before?

• Yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

blue-moon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
vgcollect.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With games constantly breaking street date early and games being leaked online before release (especially on switch where hacked systems have allowed games to be dumped online), I wondered if anyone had actually had a game 'spoiled' or their experience negatively impacted by these spoilers. I'm mostly just talking about story spoilers here.

Personally I've never actually just randomly come across a spoiler for a game online but I never get that hyped for games anymore.
I do see some people warning about spoilers being circulated so I'd like to hear others experiences

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I don't think spoilers are that important in games because games are ultimately more about the journey (gameplay), so knowing one or more plot twists in advance usually doesn't ruin the experience. Exceptions being short and extremely narrative-driven games, or where the plot twist literally changes the genre or the entire game mechanics.

Reactions: Zayden

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My friend once told me the ending to fight club.
Several years later (4-5 years) I finally got around to watching it and about 20 minutes in my mind flashes back to him telling me that.
Still a good film but could have done without it.

Never had something similar happen with games. Mostly because most games I select I care about the mechanics for, story, while certainly appreciated*, almost being an afterthought.
*I say also noting the vast majority of game stories are far from great and mostly superficial, and usually sacrifice gameplay for story when they do go there. They can rival any film, TV show, book, play or whatever that I have experienced but so very few come close where my general fondness for trashy sci fi-fantasy goes there several times a year in books and possibly annually or maybe every other year in moving pictures.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
My childhood got ruined...

I already knew the princess was in another castle.

More serious : no. I don't care too much about story driven games. And Portal wasn't less fun when knowing the horrible truth about the birthday cake.

Zayden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes it's not the spoilers that ruined your game, it's the authors. They created such a story that it is easy to spoil.

quesobobbie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But sometimes spoiler ending will take away your unique experience of learning everything yourself.
In Silent Hill 2 - a model story, based on it write whole analysis of the plot. However, if you know the outcome of this story, the impressions will change greatly.

quesobobbie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've played Heavy Rain, you must understand how critical spoilers are there. As, however, in any other detectives. I didn't play for a long time, but recently found something really worth my attention.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality