Have you ever finished a game before it got released?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Several times.
Game lengths for some single player games consistently dropped as low as 8 hours at times. Street dates often being beaten by weeks.

Other times I have been sent review copies of things.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I thought Shining Pearl hadn't been leaked.
Well I finished some of the DS Pokemon games in Japanese using partial fan translations, long before they got released here. Back then Japan usually got games 6 months to a year ahead of everywhere else.
Also, when Mario Kart Wii PAL leaked a week early I played so many rounds of online in that week, I pretty much felt done with the game by the time it officially released.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Erm... I finished super Mario world before it got (re(re(re)) ) released on the wiiu. Does that count?

I also might have accidentally finished a game before it got released in a different region... Still no?

If not : I've got nothing. I had nsmbw for wii before it got released through... Means... , but it felt wrong. I think I didn't even start before it was officially released

Kopimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not unless you count games not yet released in my region but legally imported *shrugs*. I used to import games a lot from Japan back in the ps2 days etc when that country used to get games months before the US. Now more often than not games tend to get simultaneous releases or close to it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No I haven't I do everything 100% legally
Plenty of people have reviewed games, got betas, been shipped games before street date (or had street dates shift after postal stuff went out), preordered games and thus paid the money ahead of time...
Even if the last one is something some question (civil affair so where is the loss?) then plenty of avenues for such things, even not withstanding you going round a friend's house who just so happened to have a copy before time.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plenty of people have reviewed games, got betas, been shipped games before street date (or had street dates shift after postal stuff went out), preordered games and thus paid the money ahead of time...
Even if the last one is something some question (civil affair so where is the loss?) then plenty of avenues for such things, even not withstanding you going round a friend's house who just so happened to have a copy before time.
That's true. I have a friend who is somehow involved with, but does not work for, Blizzard. They send him PC games months ahead of launch, he plays/ tests for awhile, then he must send back the PC game and feedback, after a certain time frame.

They do send him bunch free swag tho eventually, final released games, clothes, etc.

TheSpearGuy

can probably play it on Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a funny story about Paper Mario Origami King

When the nsp got leaked a week prior, I wanted to play the game as fast as possible to not get spoiled online.
Almost at the end of the game and I got stuck.
There were no guides online. I thought I was to stupid for the game.

Turns out I softlocked the game and couldnt progress until a patch was released by nintendo

And of course I got spoiled online because of that :rofl2::wacko:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended