Have you ever fainted?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by bnwchbammer, Jun 1, 2010.

?

Simple yes or no will do the trick

1. Yup

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nope

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Jun 1, 2010

Have you ever fainted? by bnwchbammer at 8:04 PM (3,329 Views / 0 Likes) 45 replies

1. bnwchbammer
    OP

Member bnwchbammer GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So I recently fainted.
    You may have read this, maybe not, but yeah.
    Just wondering if you guys have.
    Gotta say, it wasn't as scary as one may have thought it'd be.
    So yeah.

2. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    Thankfully I've never experienced fainting and never want to. Closest I've come to it is from being sleep deprived for over 24 hours.

3. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    I've never fainted before... Which is amazing, considering the fact that I don't eat breakfast before I go to school, and it's been going on ever since 2008. [​IMG]

4. Danny600kill

Member Danny600kill xD

United Kingdom
    Nope, I also hope I don't faint in the future [​IMG]

5. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    I've fainted once, I laugh back at it now though since it's a funny experience to look back on.

6. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    I very nearly did once when I broke my ankle.

7. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    I blacked out once, but to be fair I had a knife embedded in my chest at the time, so I don't really think I was at fault there.

8. coolbho3000

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

Ouch [​IMG]

9. DeadLocked

Member DeadLocked Bi-Winning.

United Kingdom
    Well in my old school in assembly I almost fainted.

I didn't usually at breakfast and in a full assembly there would be 500-700 people in one not huge room.
    All the blood went from my brain and my vision was pitch back. I had to pretend to be tying my shoelaces until the blood returned. [​IMG]

10. rauthelegendary

Member rauthelegendary GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Yeah, I've fainted once. Didn't eat breakfast, never do, and only drank one glass of milk when I left to go see a movie with some friends. The only way to get there is using the bicycle and driving over quite a steep and long bridge. When we arrived and were standing in line to pay for a ticket I started feeling drowsy and slowly started to lose vision. I just stood there staring until someone noticed I needed some help. I must have looked real weird. Anyway, after I sat down and had something to drink I got my vision back and all was well. Strange that the only thing I could think of when I lost vision is how I was going to pay for my ticket now that I couldn't see anything... In the end I didn't even pay for a ticket at all, they probably didn't notice that I hadn't paid. Heck, I didn't even notice it myself until we left.

I do hope that it'll never happen again. I still don't eat breakfast though.

11. scrtmstr

Member scrtmstr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    yea, wen a grown-in plaster was pulled off. It hurt like hell, and i needed surgery after that because the wound didn't heal properly.

12. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    I fainted during HE once. I was chopping an onion and cut a disc of skin off the tip of my thumb (not particularly large). I felt fine about it not thinking it was anything too serious (and it wasn't) but I eventually fainted for no real reason. Apparently I made quite a thump on their hard floor and my head ruddy hurt as well. Many people faint in there due to heat or whatever, you'd think they'd get a softer floor for them to fall on! Felt horrible afterwards, dizzy and kinda nauseous. Ended up getting wheeled to the nurses room to rest for a bit. Unfortunately this was the end of the day so I didn't get the rest of the day off school [​IMG]

13. gameboy13

Member gameboy13 Orange and fluffy since 1995.

United States
    No, I can thankfully say I never have.

14. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    Something similar happened to me in primary school, but I didn't faint. I was playing hockey and one of the other kids smacked my hand real hard with his stick (he was a dirty cheating little scum wad). I was so involved with the game I barely even noticed. When the game finished I went to collect my gear and the cleaning lady screamed and ran to fetch a first aid kit as soon as she saw me. Turns out my hand had been bleeding profusely the whole time and was literally dripping. I hadn't even noticed until she pointed it out. As soon as I saw my hand I felt queazy and nearly threw up. Got two days off school for that [​IMG]

15. CamulaHikari

Member CamulaHikari Kami Kurai

Netherlands
    Fainted once... That was about a year ago, was a bit sleep deprived because I was studying (god I hate test weeks >.

16. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Last summer; I was at a campground and a bee stung me (about 20 feet away was a garbage can with a huge beehive in it) when I touched the doorknob of the camp store. I fainted while waiting for the park ranger (who had the first aid kit) to show up inside said store. I woke up five minutes later, and they gave me a free Dr. Pepper.

17. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    I remember when you mentioned about this before.

I've never fainted though, and probably never will. I did have a friend at school though, who apparently fainted a lot, and I think I've been around when I've seen her lose balance a couple of times (like an almost-faint).

18. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Once when I was a kid, I was standing as still as possible while my mum was cutting my hair. I remember my vision starting to go blurry, and just as I was trying to say something about it I passed out. The weirdest thing was, while I was out I could've sworn I dreamt about life continuing as normal. Was confusing as hell when I woke up on the floor and tried to figure out what was real and what wasn't. (and we always sat on a chair when cutting hair after that [​IMG] )

Reassuringly after you faint once you can recognise the symptoms if it happens to you again, so you can stop it before it gets bad enough to end up on the floor.

I've felt light-headed twice since then, once when I skipped breakfast and nearly passed out in a lecture theatre (I ran out 5 mins before the end to get some air, the door was at the front, rather embarassing). The second time was similar to Jamstruth's post; got the most pathetically tiny but deep cut on my finger from shattering a pyrex bowl, felt fine for about 10 mins then it suddenly hits you and you have to lie down for a bit.

19. Trulen

Member Trulen GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Three times. Once like Psyfira, mom was cuttin' the hair and I was standing still.

The second and third time, was the second and third time I gave blood.

Well, I didn't PASS out persay.

But the first time, I got blurry vision, and really weak and really white.

Second time, I recognized what was happening, and was like, "heeeyyyy guuuuysss. Passin' out over here."

20. Infinite Zero

Member Infinite Zero Almost!

United States
    Come! Give me a "revive!"

Nope. I never fainted in public. That's how stable my body is [​IMG]
    But I fell in an open vehicle before and of course I fainted(I was sleeping btw)