Have you ever borrowed one of your friend's games?

Demifiend

The bored one
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You are a dedicated gamer, who tries to play plenty of videogames, but there is one specific videogame you want but you can't access either because your local store doesn't have it, or either because for lack of money, or a lack of gamer friends in general, in my case, this happened with me twice, but one was an exchange rather than a borrowing.

The exchange was my Pokemon Sapphire for M&L Superstar Saga, which paid off since i fricken loved SS more than Pokemon, and because when i was kid i didn't really understood how Sapphire plays, i remember there was a dude or something blocking me off, i went to every house and i talked to everyone, but i couldn't understand (back then) what to do.

Right now is pathetically easy for me, but remember that back then i didn't knew how to read English, it was completely different from my main language, and as such, i couldn't do too much, and as for a real borrowed game, one friend of mine gave me his copy of Street Fighter IV for the PS3, gotta say, it was plenty of fun, during vacations.

I couldn't really play that much since to play i had to do some things, but i enjoyed the fights, the music from each stage, the animated cutscenes, it was a pretty fun game for me, I might retry it later, but for now, I have plenty of different games to take care, so, well.

And so, what are those games you needed to borrow for better convenience?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I only ever borrowed a game off somebody once, it was an extremely rare and valuable copy of The Legend Of Dragoon, which was stolen from me by the transvestite donkey witch my 'dad' called his girlfriend at the time. Basically killed the friendship, I was never able to get a replacement copy, and what's more annoying for me is that I was at the start of disc four when I lost it and had to wait over a decade til I got the digital copy from PSN to finally finish the game. I have a habit of neither borrowing nor lending things ever since.

Reactions: EMP Knightmare

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I borrowed games back when I was a wee lad.

Actually, I think I've been borrowing my friend's Game Gear for over 15 years. He moved across the country, so...

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I do it all the time with my friends. I have reliable pals so I have no problem lending my games or even consoles when I'm not giving them much use.
I actually have my GB micro and x360 lent and so were my 3DS(since I have a 3DS XL too) and PSPgo(since the Vita can also play PSP games).

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I borrowed and swapped games with one of my friends in middleschool all the time. I got really lucky at his bad luck once too. I was borrowing a few games from him, FFT, Pokemon Sapphire, and something else that turned out to be really cool... cant remember what lol. Anyways, while at the park, his backpack got raided and his GBA and games were stolen. He gave me what he left and let me keep what I was already borrowing.

Reactions: HaloEffect17

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Back in hghschool, I was always poor and only got new games around christmas. So I would strategically borrow games from my friends near the end of the school year, and they'd forget about them over the summer, and I'd keep them. (I'm not proud of this, I was a jerk as a kid)

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I am a 32 year old adult male, and no longer allow game lending unless you are in my home, and staying for a few days. Like when my step-daughter comes over on the weekends, I'll allow her access to all my 3DS games, and she always gives them back before she leaves. (She's 13)

D

Deleted User

I borrowed AC:WW from one of my school friends. She ended up giving it to me.
Other than that? I don't think so.

jDSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I let close friends of mine who I trust to borrow games from me but rarely anymore. I too have borrowed in the past from them and did have a problem when I borrowed a friend's controller which ended up dying out of the blue on me. He fixed it thank god.

EMP Knightmare

Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I lent out my copy of Pokemon Ruby once, had every Pokemon caught, playtime of 999:99:99, every Pokemon lvl 100 without the use of candies, told her NOT to save over my game.

I get the game back with my data replaced by a time of 000:27:14 with not even a badge, . . . . . . yeah I don't lend out games anymore :angry:

As for borrowing . . . . . . . I always get games I want, ALWAYS! ^_^

D

Deleted User

I am a 32 year old adult male, and no longer allow game lending unless you are in my home, and staying for a few days. Like when my step-daughter comes over on the weekends, I'll allow her access to all my 3DS games, and she always gives them back before she leaves. (She's 13)

Is this an invitation to let people in your home? </sarcasm>

I don't share games - Most of my games are Wii and (3)DS, and people don't really care about them. Today for example, I was going to say something about the MKW community and people were like "Oh, you still play the Wii? You're really sad" (They said 'dead sad' but they meant really sad), so I just went "Meh think what you want, my wii is over 9 years old and it hasn't broken, nor has other consoles, yet your consoles fail a lot"

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I borrow and lend my games all the time to one of my friends, mostly console games.

These are usually single player games, for example I've never bought Assassins Creed but lent all of them excluding Syndicate off him to play and will lend that off him once he has completed it, in return I lent him the batman games and he currently has my copy of Witcher while I'm playing his F1

I've never had any issues with him and have only had one game not returned by another friend and even then I'm not that bothered as my friend was burgled, there was more to worry about than my copy of Oblivion haha

I think lending and borrowing is a great way to try out games that you usually wouldn't buy but want to give a try

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome