Have you ever attended a lanparty before?

Skye07

OP
Trophies
Website
www.skyon.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I can imagine many of you are console/handheld gamers, but who of all people on GBAtemp has ever gone to a lanparty (small or big, doesn't matter)? And what was your experience with it?

My participation:

General Gaming III: 400people
DD-Lan (my own lan): 10people
DD-Lan II: 15 people

It's so frickin hard to find people around Leuven (Louvain, Belgium) that want to have some fun together playing computer games =/

Overall, all 3 lans were very pleasant. Lotsa playing, funcompos and little sleep.

Gumble

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My friends and I used to plan LAN drinking games with Halo CE. Especially with the custom maps. Every death, you drink, twas good fun.
rofl2.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, when I was at school whenever anyone's parents went on holiday we'd have a LAN party at their house playing stuff like Command and Conque: Red Alert, Action Quake2 and Quake 2 CTF.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes once at a mates house we brought our PC's around to play some.
And another time at a internet café/LAN centre where they do gaming

Was ok at mates house but not really worth the effort, and the centre sucked... Too busy too hard to concentrate and crap games.

lanman31337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I was a teacher I'd have a game day once a week. We'd play Unreal Tournament 2004 across the private server I set up. There's be 12 kids plus me.

ben_r_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh hell yea man! I used to host them twice a month in college. We would have an average of 10-30 players. All brought their own PCs and weall pitched in to buy a big switch. Those were the days!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Housemates, family and friends and myself sometimes have a quick game or 5 but nothing more than about 10 people.
2 person (normally via wireless) is a fairly common occurrence.

Mars

Radioactive Propaganda Minister
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, my friends and I love playing Counter Strike: Condition Zero over LAN. I've also played Halo 2 LAN, good times.

I've never attended a LAN party with over 10 people though, usually only a few friends participate.

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yep at some friends home

i think 6 times... with around 5~10 people

Tower defence (warcraft 3)
NFS with police cars
UT UT2k3
SeriousSam2
CS:S and CS
C&C generals

and more games I cant remember atm

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
On the first Xbox we used to have Lan partys at least once a week, sometimes more. Mainly to play the Tom Clancy series, most noteably Ghost Recon: Island Thunder, spent 100s of hours on that game. Also played tons of Halo 2. We would have anything from 2-4 Xboxs hooked up. I've never had a lan party with PCs, only Xbox and 360 (once with 360).
ATM I'm really missing my 360 man, It's been repaired.. I'm just STILL waiting for it to be shipped back to me. Once I get it I'm hoping to have my net back up and running at home, and then the Xbox Live slaughter fest by ThugATRON WILL, indeed, commence..!
BATTER UP!!!

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some friends from school occasionally put them together. We usually play the same things each time: Warcraft 3, CounterStrike, Savage, Diablo 2 occasionally. Next one I plan on pitching Warhammer 40k to them.
smile.gif

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
they have a cafe here with 20 computers all hooked up and you can play unreal tournament halfife 2 and other games with everyone in the cafe for like 5 bucks a hour

on the weekends it gets pretty full and fun !

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
Good times! Halo CE with a Dedicated Server at school...
It was usually full, despite the fact no-one actually set times to play. Sadly, it ended in a four day suspension, and now if anyone plays Halo they get the same!
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/381r8gSxP0Y?si=x1xS_cr0puutjn3S