Hacking Have you been banned? If so, post here. Wanna see if we can find the source of the problem.

NANASHI89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After what happened with Shiny Quaqsire, I wanna see if I can do a role call for everyone who had to face Nintendo's banhammer.

If you have been banned, try to recall anything you may have done to get banned.

So far, SQ is the only one banned. But he may not be an isolated case. Hence the topic.

Any chance this topic can be stickied, mods?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After what happened with Shiny Quaqsire, I wanna see if I can do a role call for everyone who had to face Nintendo's banhammer.

If you have been banned, try to recall anything you may have done to get banned.

So far, SQ is the only one banned. But he may not be an isolated case. Hence the topic.

Any chance this topic can be stickied, mods?

Thanks in advance!

Had a discussion on reswitched, everyone pretty much agreed it was because he downloaded from the cdn.

This is his response to if he downloaded from cdn:
https://twitter.com/ShinyQuagsire/status/997976378103349248?s=19

Last edited by Ericthegreat,

NANASHI89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had a discussion on reswitched, everyone pretty much agreed it was because he downloaded from the cdn.
But is that the only reason? Maybe there will be more bans in the future for those that never used the CDN Downloader?

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But is that the only reason? Maybe there will be more bans in the future for those that never used the CDN Downloader?

I don't mean to sound like a asshole, but maybe the world's about to end? If you don't wanna get banned, don't modify your system, if you do Nintendo will probably ban you, and you should expect it. A lot of people have played emulators ect, and no ban, not many download from cdn, and currently I wouldnt recommend it, there are other ways to get your "legal backups".

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But he used in in Aug 2017 why would they hold off for 9 months then ban him?
I hate to be negative but they might have just started going through a log(hey kids don't panic because of me idk anything), looking for strange behavior, possibly more bans coming. Could be they just started banning people because they know piracy about to start, and the only people they can prove have done anything wrong are people who have downloaded from the cdn, we also don't know what he downloaded, maybe the entire store.

TAUSENN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I hate to be negative but they might have just started going through a log(hey kids don't panic because of me idk anything), looking for strange behavior, possibly more bans coming. Could be they just started banning people because they know piracy about to start, and the only people they can prove have done anything wrong are people who have downloaded from the cdn, we also don't know what he downloaded, maybe the entire store.
That makes a lot of sense

NANASHI89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mean to sound like a asshole, but maybe the world's about to end? If you don't wanna get banned, don't modify your system, if you do Nintendo will probably ban you, and you should expect it. A lot of people have played emulators ect, and no ban, not many download from cdn, and currently I wouldnt recommend it, there are other ways to get your "legal backups".
I never used CDN. And now I'm really not about to. I'm also concerned about error messages, like if you try to load a homebrew program, and it crashes your Switch.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never used CDN. And now I'm really not about to. I'm also concerned about error messages, like if you try to load a homebrew program, and it crashes your Switch.

I suppose if they are reported to Nintendo, could cause a ban, they might even add that in a future firmware, but, I would recommend if you don't wanna be banned, don't mod your system, was nice a long time ago when we didn't have this issue, or we could unban, but these days with everything involving authentication with a server, as long as Nintendo wants to ban, they can, and nothing we can do about it.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Error 2124-4007 = Nintendo account suspension/ban.
So no, it wasn't CDN-related, he said he could still update games which means his cert is still auth'd.
Okay, can you prove it wasn't cdn related? Is there a "you downloaded from the cdn" error code?

Edit: you probably know more then most, but don't you think it's most likely?

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only problem i have with getting banned would be link trading pokemon online with the switch when that game comes out. So just that alone has me thinking I may stay legit on my system. although i did test out the homebrew loader a few times on the switch so i hope that i'm safe from ban's.

Reactions: TAUSENN

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only problem i have with getting banned would be link trading pokemon online with the switch when that game comes out. So just that alone has me thinking I may stay legit on my system. although i did test out the homebrew loader a few times on the switch so i hope that i'm safe from ban's.
I think you'll probably be okay, I personally don't care about online at all.

MHDestination

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
His Switch was banned because of CDN-download back in august 2017?

Sorry, but that doesn't make sense to me...

Using a Switch' Cert to download from CDN occured just 2 weeks ago.
There was no way to do back in august 2017

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't download from the CDN without at least using a VPN, for your sake.

Maybe it's a dumb question, and maybe this stuff isn't even related to the issue at hand, but don't you need to use your console's certificates to download from the CDN? If that's the case, a VPN won't do you any favors. Nintendo wouldn't be tracking your IP, but rather your console's ID.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM