Have you been banned? If so, post here. Wanna see if we can find the source of the problem.

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by NANASHI89, May 20, 2018.

1. lukhart

lukhart GBAtemp Stand User

May 10, 2018
    Brazil
    AFAIK the account and the linked system are flagged. Even if you restore it to factory settings or change accounts you will have the same ban effects. The only way out is by linking another account with another system.

2. Agent Moose

Agent Moose GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    This has probably been answered but I don't want to read through 9 pages (sorry not sorry):
    I've only ran HBL on my 3.0.0 console, am I safe? (With all the stuff I've done on my Wii U/3DS I'm surprised I haven't been banned yet though, I rarely go online with any of the consoles though)

3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    The short answer is only Nintendo knows. Any and all unauthorized modifications to your system can result in a ban and you should be aware of this the moment you commit to hacking. That being said, if Nintendo were to start banning people for using homebrew, everyone on this site would be banned by tonight.

4. Agent Moose

Agent Moose GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    I do understand that. I was hoping to see if there was someone whom only used HBL and got banned or not.

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    So far, the only people to have been banned for notorious members in the hacking community. And one of them did use homebrew on one of his banned Switches. So it can't be ruled out that he was banned for using it. However, more than likely, he was banned due to his prominence in the scene.

There is also another assumption in the works that Nintendo may have a log of those who used homebrew already and plan to ban them all in a wave. This is because there are many people who have used homebrew and even the CDN downloader but are not banned. Do not assume that because you have not been banned yet for doing something ban-worthy that Nintendo will not ban you later down the road, which they typically do during their banwaves.

lukhart and Maximilious like this.
  6. myunholysins

myunholysins Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Damn that really sucks, if their even a way
    as of now to link to a different account? Cuz from the looks of it. It seems the ban is permanent l.

7. ssmatt

ssmatt Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2008
    Fingers crossed, I guess

8. cammelspit

cammelspit Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2012
    United States
    Mesa, AZ
    My one and only question is this an account ban or a console ban? I have seen too many YT videos and articles talking about how all the Switch hackers are getting banned, yet this seems to be the only site on the web saying it's just 1-3 people total and they are prominent scene, guys. If it's an account ban, I could care less really. I don't ever intend on using my Switch online but if it is a console ban, that would make resale a problem, though I also don't intend to ever sell it. I am watching the progress of the scene with great interest but won't be hacking my Switch anytime soon. Not until a stable, fully featured and mature CFW comes out. I think it is FAR more likely these guys have been banned just because of their prominence in the scene at this point. Now, later on, Nintendo could very easily put something in a new FW that checks for known files that would be used in hacking on the SD card and report it if it is seen, at least, this is how I would do it. For the moment, I think basic homebrew shouldn't be a problem overall. I mean, nothing in the Switches flash itself has been modified directly and the current hack is all temporary anyway. I think the big N did this to scare people because they could. Also, have we been able to find any more than those couple people that have been banned yet?

9. YuushiDaSuushi

YuushiDaSuushi Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Samuel Bessenga, a prominent hacker in the Splatoon community, has gotten banned from what I presume Nintendo Account reports.

Attached Files:

10. Ptrk25

Ptrk25 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 6, 2015
    Germany
    ::1
    Well, I got banned today. Time to buy another switch I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11. Hyokai

Hyokai Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2018
    Germany
    What did you do? CDN,Splatoon 2 Hack(What kind of)? Can you still Access Eshop or Update Stuff?

That would be interesting to know. Because most the the people who where banned in Splatoon 2 for Example where accessing the Octo Expansion files early and even played online with it, duh! ;D

Thanks for the Answer. But hey atleast you can use 1 Switch for Homebrew and stuff.

12. Ptrk25

Sep 6, 2015
    Germany
    Well I got the 2124-4007 Error. So I can't access any online service (including eShop). I played around with the Nintendo servers, but I didn't download anything. The invalid requests I made might be the reason they banned me.
    It's my fault, so I live with the consequences.

Ptrk25

Last edited by Ptrk25, Jun 1, 2018
    goonbag and Hyokai like this.
  13. MehMeh27

MehMeh27 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2011
    So you can't update games at all?

14. Ptrk25

Sep 6, 2015
    Germany
    I don't know, didn't tried it yet.

15. Hyokai

Hyokai Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2018
    Germany
    That may the reason then. Thanks for the answer :)

16. SimonMKWii

SimonMKWii Professional Idiot

Nov 18, 2017
    Australia
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Anyone who has ever used an Octoling online, or cheated online in Splatoon 2 has now been banned.
    Which is good.

YuushiDaSuushi likes this.
  17. thequickbrownfox

thequickbrownfox Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2018
    Poland
    Please check if you are still allowed to update games. Thanks.

18. Ptrk25

Sep 6, 2015
    Germany
    Yeah I can update games.

goonbag likes this.
  19. thequickbrownfox

thequickbrownfox Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2018
    Poland
    Splendid. Thanks again.
    I hope Nintendo won't block title updates on banned consoles. At least not until we figure out how to update games manually.

20. TunaKetchup

TunaKetchup GBAtemp Fan

Mar 20, 2018
    Vietnam
    Cheating online should result in a ban

So that's good

TheZoroark007 and YuushiDaSuushi like this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted