Have two NNID'S with lotsa games, and both are linked to broken consoles, what do?

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by undertaletrash, Apr 8, 2016.

1. undertaletrash
    OP

undertaletrash Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2016
    Belgium
    nowwhere in particular
    Title.

2. Benja81

Benja81 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 24, 2015
    United States
    Call Nintendo customer service. My old 3DS was accidently put through a wash cycle and had about 50 games on it. I called them and gave them my email address for NNID and serial number of new 3DS. They will tell you to wait a couple days for an email, and when you get the email you can sign into your Nintendo acct on the new 3DS and download all of your games. I only had 1 NNID, so not sure how it will work with 2, but hopefully they can accommodate.

3. undertaletrash
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2016
    Belgium
    nowwhere in particular
    i'm from europe, 10 years old, and one of my 3DS systems was bricked from me messing with the NAND via homebrew and i don't think nintendo appreciates homebrew.
    i tried emailing them a while back but they asked me for the system's PV (no idea what that means), they said it has the serial number of the console on it. i give them the serial number and they replied saying they can't unlink the ID.

4. Scarlet

Scarlet Scarlet Sword

GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Left
    Calling them is the best option, Nintendo customer support is actually really good from my experience ^^

5. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    And when you call them, they don't need to know that you bricked it with homebrew. You can just say that the console stopped working or that it was damaged or that your dog ate it or something.

Xenon Hacks likes this.
  6. Benja81

Benja81 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 24, 2015
    United States
    Exactly.

7. undertaletrash
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2016
    Belgium
    nowwhere in particular
    Managed to boot one of my older systems (an O3DS XL) into recovery mode and update to 10.7 to do a system transfer, thanks for the advice tho

Benja81 likes this.
  8. TariqSoftDev

TariqSoftDev ~Zexceil

Sep 18, 2013
    London
    Stop messing with your NAND without fully understanding it -_-, imagine I played with an un-exploded WW2 bomb..... the end result is bad.