Have they dropped the ball so to speak

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Game Dragon, Feb 19, 2011.

Feb 19, 2011
  1. Game Dragon
    OP

Member Game Dragon GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I have been watching this forum since before the DS2 was released and I saw how passionate people were about the DS2 and the team that delivered it, they could do no wrong and if somebody said anything negative they were drawn and courted but at the moment I think someone should say something negative about them as it has been some time since a decent upgrade has been released, have they dropped the ball so to speak I think they have and I don’t think we will see anything come out for the DS2 any more I think it is DEAD how sad with a bit of work it could become the ULTMAT FLASH CARD

2. 8BitWalugi

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    I'm sorry, but what are you trying to say? I see no fullstops.

3. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    All I see is somebody complaining about a product that has technically already delivered everything it promised.

4. yeop

Member yeop GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    No new updates because actually they are not needed. All games(or almost all) work perfect and if a new game doesný work on parched mode they update the system3.dat and problem solved.

I have my DS2 since september and I haven´t had any problem with it, all works perfectly for my.

5. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Funny, I remember when you first joined here you asked about the GBA emulator (a very unnoticable crackling sound), you then went on to make a series of posts and topics about how upset you were with the DSTWO and now this. This thread is created out of your personal experience with the DSTWO that you made out to seem worse than it actually was. I've watched your movements through the forums carefully since you joined.

The DSTWO isn't dead, it's just that updates haven't been necessary.

6. Game Dragon
    OP

Member Game Dragon GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    For DS Games I think the DS2 is the best no doughty about it and I think for retro Games GBA, SNES, SEGA the PSP is the best, the DS2 will never match the performance of the PSP for retro emulation so I think they should have never put it in the DS2

7. machomuu

United States
    Just because it's not up to par with the PSP doesn't mean they shouldn't have made them, these retro emulators are still better than other emulators for other flashcarts and therefore are in demand.

8. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    It's not a dam PSP. It's not meant for solid retrogaming. It's not meant to follow your every dam whim. It's a flashcart and it does what it is supposed to. The rest of it are just extra perks that are there as a selling feature for the people that don't want to buy a PSP, so if you want to complain about the retrogaming shit, just buy a dam PSP that you dub the better retrogame emulator. Fact is, all of the DSTWO users don't really have to worry about maintenance because it has such a high compatibility with the stuff it's supposed to play, thus there isn't a superb reason to just push out new kernels that don't do anything. The Supercard Team isn't like Nintendo who seems to put out useless updates that don't do shit apart from stopping piracy.

9. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    Here's an idea for you if you think that the DS + any flash cart is not meant for something and you don't like that it can possibly offer extra features like emulation:

Buy one of these (mobile power source):

[​IMG]

Then get one of these (PS3, add CFW):

[​IMG]

and one of these (TV):

[​IMG]

Put all of these together and you have you portable gaming system which can do probably everything you want. Problem solved. [​IMG]

You could also just wait and see how things turn out with the DSTwo. There will possibly be some other emulators or at least updates for the current ones.

-Qtis

10. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    I agree with the OP. Though the DS2 has some great things going for it, there is a lot of room for improvement.

But no, I don't think they're dead.
    I think they're using their resources for their next project, which may be a DSi Mode flash cart or a 3DS flash cart (though I much rather see a CFW).

11. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    It's already delivered on absolutely everything it promised.

12. Shaker78

Member Shaker78 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I wish they do something like this:

[​IMG]
    (+ iPlayer) hope Spinal do something like this for skins with iMenu.

or check this list in the "For Bug Reporting and Suggestion/Request." Thread:

http://forum.supercard.sc/redirect.php?got...0&pid=52236

They could add a Screenshot Feature like iEvolution or iMenu.

13. Stevetry

Banned Stevetry Most perverted person in GBATEMP

Puerto Rico
    alll the games works what else do you want

14. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    You're saying the DSTWO is bad because it won't deliver PSP levels of emulation?

You know what, I think the DSTWO is bad because it doesn't have a coffee maker in it! Anyone who bought it is a loser!

I mean a PSP is like $80-$100 used (for the 1000 model, at least) while a DSTWO is like $35. Not everyone wants a PSP (although it's awesome) or can afford one, so the DSTWO is a good option for DS users.

15. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    Or people who prefer Nintendo games in one place. [​IMG]

DS2 to be the ULTMAT FLASH CARD is what those retro emulation are there to help, wouldn't have brought it if those wasn't there.

Why did you buy it for when could have got another cart without it?

16. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    http://gbatemp.net/f208-supercard-sdk

One of the reasons people were so excited for the DStwo is that they would release an SDK for it. This means that people can be free to develop for it. If there's something the team isn't doing you want, you can help. You know, like how BassAceGold was improving the SNES emulator...

Less bitching about somebody else not doing stuff for you, please. Do it your damn self if you want it that bad, it's one of the main points.

17. schmocke

Newcomer schmocke Member

Germany
    Yeah, I agree with some comments above. Team SC isn't nearly dead. 99% of DS-roms work flawlessly with the DS2. If you'd mention the M3i Zero in another place here combinded with your complaints, I'd agree.
    I've bought a M3i Zero in the first place, when DS2 was only a rumour - now, it's dusty and I leave it in it's case.
    For Retrogaming the DS2 can't compete with a PSP, but I like the ability to run GBA games on my DSi XL. Beside that, it has a well modded SNES emulator (as mentioned before). So OP, stop whining and get it - the DS2 is an outstanding device for DS(i) users.

18. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    The GBA and SNES emulators are just enough for me.
    All the games I want to run on the GBA emulator have near zero problems except slight framerate problems.
    The only game I want to play on the SNES emulator is A Link to the Past, and the only glitch there seems to be is that the game thought I had died 999 times during my playthrough.

19. machomuu

United States
    I can play Mother 3 and Pokemon Hacks on my GBA emulator and that's all I need. I would still like a better one, but this is good too.

20. Cuelhu

Member Cuelhu КУ!

this guy went mad making countless threads bashing and loving both DSTwo and iEvo. He couldn't even wait for it (DSTwo) to arrive and bought another for twice the price. Now he comes here to start it all again.

If you wanted PSP power emulation, you should've bought a PSP and a cheaper cart, like Acekard, for your DS.