Homebrew Have the banwaves stopped?

Remixy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I first heard about people getting banned I decided that I would refrain from checking my 3DS, since I had not turned my 3DS on in months. I decided that I wouldn't turn mine on until the banwaves stopped. Soooo, have the banwaves stopped? I know there's a very good chance that I still got banned, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Silly question but.. how exactly do you expect us tempers to know if its over or not? Unless Bortz is secretly swinging that hammer for Nintendo :tpi:

Reactions: Aerocool

CraftyZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Way I see it, Nintendo might be prepping for another one down the road. If the theory that the big N actually has a list of 3ds' with unrecognized cias and/or homebrew and have gone online with them holds water, chances are the banwaves are over for now yes, but a random future banwave is always feasible.

Last edited by CraftyZero,

Ultimarok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I MAY have gone online a long time ago with a backup CIA of one of my games. (Fantasy Life)

I've got my spotpass stuff turned off and all that, though. The only thing I never disabled until recently was "Show friends what you're playing".

Oszor44.gif

fixed it lol

Oh.

D

Deleted User

From June 1st. spotoass in Serbia is not supported. I have a legit 3ds, with legit games, and I can no longer use it.
Still might be worth it to disable it. Even if it's not supported in games, that doesn't necessarily mean that Nintendo's not still collecting data with it.

Tekniquez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I first heard about people getting banned I decided that I would refrain from checking my 3DS, since I had not turned my 3DS on in months. I decided that I wouldn't turn mine on until the banwaves stopped. Soooo, have the banwaves stopped? I know there's a very good chance that I still got banned, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

backup the local seed store it and run a public seed. i have a 2ds and N3ds xl, XL was banned but hadnt checked the 2ds and what luck not banned on 2ds. so i found a public seed which was not banned as of 5/27. i installed that on both the 2ds (backed up good seed) and n3ds xl. im able to get online no prob. its a public seed which might get banned but for now im riding it out. if it does get banned, onto the next while i keep my good seed intact from my 2ds

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would think that Nintendo will just do these sporadically from here on out. Could be tomorrow, could be a month from now, we'll never know for sure. But the banwaves have been effective at targeting CFW users, so I don't see why they'd just be done with banwaves now.

Last edited by duffmmann,

Tekniquez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would think that Nintendo will just do these sporadically from here on out. Could be tomorrow, could be a month from now, we'll never know for sure. But the banwaves have been effective at targeting CFW users, I don't see why they'd just be done with banwaves now.

true that, but with so many ppl in the community already posting public seeds which wasnt as hard/long todo i wouldnt be worried even so, you can just buy a new ds just get the seed from it then return it say walmart lol im already working on plan b if seeds do run out i can just save that 1 good seed from that new 3ds till its all over heck you can even get 2 seeds just buy returning 1 sayn its some random prob they cant prove, take that 2nd ds and take the seed aswell and just return that second ds no fuss no muss. if they do give you lip just tell em you found a better deal online. Boom insta 2 good seeds

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
true that, but with so many ppl in the community already posting public seeds which wasnt as hard/long todo i wouldnt be worried even so, you can just buy a new ds just get the seed from it then return it say walmart lol im already working on plan b if seeds do run out i can just save that 1 good seed from that new 3ds till its all over heck you can even get 2 seeds just buy returning 1 sayn its some random prob they cant prove, take that 2nd ds and take the seed aswell and just return that second ds no fuss no muss. if they do give you lip just tell em you found a better deal online. Boom insta 2 good seeds

That's not exactly an elegant solution. But it would certainly work. I'd like to see some sort of update to Luma/B9S where every time you turn on your 3DS it spoofs what should read as a different legitimate seed. I don't even know if thats possible or even being considered, but that would sure be a great workaround that could allow us to stop being so concerned about banwaves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on