ROM Hack Have someone tried to undub FE fates Special Edition EUR ?

koyuki38

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi

Yesterday i tried to patch the rom FE fates Special Edition (EUR) that we can find on that ISO site.

I used the patcher and patch from serenes forest (If Team) but i ended with a message like 'This ROM is not Fire Emblem : If/Fate' (or something like that) when i pushed the (validate rom/xorpads' button.

(I tested the rom and it worked fine)

Is the patch not compatible yet with EUR SE version ??

Another thing : When generating Xorpads with decrypt9 I had a message saying that SlotKeyBin is not good and some thing would not work. Anyway I had 7 Xorpads files at the end of the process. I don't know if something was wrong here.

Have someone tried to patch the rom with IF team's patcher ?

Last edited by koyuki38,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did it on brith thing (heritage) and it work, so it should work also on the special edition.
But I did it myself without any stuff from other people.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no, eur dump from "that iso site" and using audio/video files from the jpn release.
Then it's like usually, extract the eur game, delete all video/audio files, replace with files from the jpn release, then rebuild the game.

koyuki38

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no, eur dump from "that iso site" and using audio/video files from the jpn release.
Then it's like usually, extract the eur game, delete all video/audio files, replace with files from the jpn release, then rebuild the game.

I just finished rebuilding the game.
The game works but when i start a new game i just have a black screen.

I used your tutorial to extract/decrypt the rom, then i took all files from the team if's patch and i replaced all the existing one in the ExtractedRomFS folder.
I'm not sure if i rebuilt the game correctly because i wasn't sure about what to select in 3DSBuilder.

Is there something bad in the things i did ?
(I also chosed to no decrypt code.bin file because i didn't know what it was used for)

Last edited by koyuki38,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Delete all your ExtractedFolder.
Extract your DecryptedRomFS.bin with RomFS Extractor (rfse), and try again.
Ctrtool corrupt the extracted romfs if the romfs have file with japanese caracter in their name

marcoz9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If any of you get the undub right uploaded con that ISO site? Please im also trying to undub it with no succes

koyuki38

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Delete all your ExtractedFolder.
Extract your DecryptedRomFS.bin with RomFS Extractor (rfse), and try again.
Ctrtool corrupt the extracted romfs if the romfs have file with japanese caracter in their name

It worked perfectly. Thx
Can't say for the entire game but at least I passed the black screen and went to the character creation.
Btw, nice work with that PackHack. It works pretty good.

koyuki38

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi. I have not included the swimsuit patch. What does it do ?

I don't plan to post it on ISO site, i haven't tested it for real. I just checked that voices were japanese at character creation.
I'm also to scared to post illegal content on the web.

Funky.Art

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it possible to make an undub hand patch of the european special edition ? I am desperatly searching for one ! D:

koyuki38

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Everything can be found here :
How to : https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-3ds-roms.383055/
Get the files of the patch : http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=60728

1 - Decrypt rom : follow the guid
2 - extrat step : As Asia81 said, once DecryptedRomFS.bin has been obtained, remove all ExtractedFolders (keep the .Bin Files) and extract DecryptedRomFS.bin using RomFS Extractor (rfse)
3 - 'Patching' : you get a 'DecryptedRomFS_' folder. Take all files from the patch, put them in the folder. Replace if needed
4 - Rebuild (follow the guid).

koyuki38

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
About hans patch creation, i don't know everything about it.
1.8GB seems a bit high for a patch (because it includes the entire game i guess). There should be another way.

Funky.Art

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Logically it's the size of undub for the American Special Edition, 2 giga maximum, so it's a normal size ^^

Funky.Art

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It is working !!! :D Thank you very much !!! :D Do you know if i can transform the romfs file to a NTR plugin ? :3

koyuki38

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's supposed to be possible (NTR plugins for other patch/hack rom already exist) but no idea how to do it.

I'm currently trying to turn it into a Hans patch (romfs file) that has not the same size that the entire game (1,8GB), but i currently have no proof how to do it.
Can't test it right now since i have not received my game yet.

Funky.Art

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm going to try for NTR ^^

But the 1.8 hans patch works perfectly, and every undub patch for this special edition ( the one from the USA ) has the exact same size, so i don't think it's possible to make it lighter !

I've got a real problem, do you know if Reinand 11.0 can read amiibos ? I'm trying to add Marth to Fire Emblem Fates, but my amiibo, every amiibo i try are not recognize, it's just like i wasn't putting one ! D:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr