ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there,

Like many of you, I followed Plailect's awesome ARN installation guide and currently have no complaints. However, the guide doesn't exactly explain everything about the CFW, and I currently have a few questions about it.

• It seems that the new hot method of launching A9Lhax-based programs (IE GodMode9) is via ARN itself. The guide has us placing Decrypt9.bin and Uncart.bin into /aurei/payloads, and renamed to the buttons we have to hold on startup to launch the program. Is this the only to launch the programs? (aside from HBL of course)
  • Along with that, I was looking on ARN's github, and I was a bit confused by the keycombos used to launch programs on startup--apparently you need to hold L along with the key specified as the .bin's name to launch the .bin? IE if I have x.bin, I really need to be holding X+L? Are we not allowed to have a.bin or b.bin?
  • Is there a config menu/file that I can access anywhere?
  • How would I go about updating AuReiNand? I doubt it's as simple as just dragging + dropping the new version on top of the old one.
  • My end goal right now is to have my main NAND as sysNAND, with an emuNAND as region-changed to JP. I know that it's possible to have ARN boot into emuNAND--is it possible, then, to have it automatically boot to sysNAND and boot to emuNAND whenever I want to play with my JP emuNAND? (I know it's safer now with a9l, I'm just still a bit nervous about attempting a region change on sysNAND.)
I apologize if any of my questions were at all unclear.

Last edited by ultramario1998,

jakerman999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Someone was working on a bootloader for A9LH, I don't know what came of it. It would be another way to load multiple payloads. If you only want to load one, you can replace the arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your sd with whichever payload you want to load (just remember to rename it to arm9loaderhax.bin).

In the latest version of AuReiNand supported A9LH chained payloads don't need L to be held except for Select and R. Supported buttons include X,Y,R1,SELECT,RIGHT,LEFT,UP,and DOWN. You could probably modify the loader and compile it yourself to add support for A and B, but I don't know if that would cause any conflicts.

I know that there is a config/menu somewhere, you had to check some options in it when you first set it up. I've been looking for how to get back in it myself, but not very hard I admit.

No idea about proper updating, haven't needed too yet.

Holding L and nothing else while booting should drop you into your emunand.

Last edited by jakerman999,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey there,

Like many of you, I followed Plailect's awesome ARN installation guide and currently have no complaints. However, the guide doesn't exactly explain everything about the CFW, and I currently have a few questions about it.

• It seems that the new hot method of launching A9Lhax-based programs (IE GodMode9) is via ARN itself. The guide has us placing Decrypt9.bin and Uncart.bin into /aurei/payloads, and renamed to the buttons we have to hold on startup to launch the program. Is this the only to launch the programs? (aside from HBL of course)
  • Along with that, I was looking on ARN's github, and I was a bit confused by the keycombos used to launch programs on startup--apparently you need to hold L along with the key specified as the .bin's name to launch the .bin? IE if I have x.bin, I really need to be holding X+L? Are we not allowed to have a.bin or b.bin?
  • Is there a config menu/file that I can access anywhere?
  • How would I go about updating AuReiNand? I doubt it's as simple as just dragging + dropping the new version on top of the old one.
  • My end goal right now is to have my main NAND as sysNAND, with an emuNAND as region-changed to JP. I know that it's possible to have ARN boot into emuNAND--is it possible, then, to have it automatically boot to sysNAND and boot to emuNAND whenever I want to play with my JP emuNAND? (I know it's safer now with a9l, I'm just still a bit nervous about attempting a region change on sysNAND.)
- More or less. You are free to use another boot manager to launch the payloads if you want, of course.
- As far as I know a.bin and b.bin are usable, but you'll still need to hold L, this is just how AuReiNAND is designed and you'll have to use another boot manager if you don't like that.
- I believe you hold Select on boot to enter the AuReiNAND menu, there are a few configuration options available.
- It actually is, all you need to do is update arm9loaderhax.bin and possibly firmware.bin
- If you want it to automatically boot sysNAND create a file named "updatedsysnand" in the aurei folder, or use the AuReiNAND menu to enable the option. Then the L button functionality will be reversed, booting emuNAND instead of sysNAND when L is held.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there,

• It seems that the new hot method of launching A9Lhax-based programs (IE GodMode9) is via ARN itself. The guide has us placing Decrypt9.bin and Uncart.bin into /aurei/payloads, and renamed to the buttons we have to hold on startup to launch the program. Is this the only to launch the programs? (aside from HBL of course) How else would you want to start the programs? Aside from HBL of course.
  • Along with that, I was looking on ARN's github, and I was a bit confused by the keycombos used to launch programs on startup--apparently you need to hold L along with the key specified as the .bin's name to launch the .bin? IE if I have x.bin, I really need to be holding X+L? Are we not allowed to have a.bin or b.bin? This wa recently changed in ARN. You no longer have to hold L. Only payloads of select.bin and r.bin require L to be held as well.
  • Is there a config menu/file that I can access anywhere? Hold SELECT during boot for the config menu.
  • How would I go about updating AuReiNand? I doubt it's as simple as just dragging + dropping the new version on top of the old one. Why wouldn't it be as simple as that? It's always been as simple as that, so why would it change?
  • My end goal right now is to have my main NAND as sysNAND, with an emuNAND as region-changed to JP. I know that it's possible to have ARN boot into emuNAND--is it possible, then, to have it automatically boot to sysNAND and boot to emuNAND whenever I want to play with my JP emuNAND? (I know it's safer now with a9l, I'm just still a bit nervous about attempting a region change on sysNAND.) In the config menu, just select updated sysnand mode and it'll boot sysnand by default. You can also then keep sysNAND fully updated.

XiaoDii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
For the last question, if you follow Plaiect's guide for setting up a AureiNAND AL9H but keep your emuNAND, you will auto boot to patched sysNAND and have the option to boot to emuNAND by holding R(u can find this in the original AureiNAND thread)
- If you hold R on boot, the default emuNAND (as chosen in the config menu) will be booted with the firmware.bin on the SD card. Also holding B boots the non-default emuNAND. Booting the second EmuNAND will always fallback to the first one, if it doesn't exist.

Last edited by XiaoDii,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P +1