have rules for the site pop up on the main page before entering

snakepliskin2334

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i was wondering is there a way to make the rules of this site pop up on the main page before entiring the site maybe have it were you have to agree to them before entering kinda because im new and dont rememeber things so well and that way people wont violiate the rules kinda like help us probes maybe (:

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You agreed to them when you signed up. True story.
and rules, they are up there a little under the logo of the site
gallery_202697_985_16731.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

snakepliskin2334

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not trying to score browne points here i was just trying to help out new users and that way no rules are violted in the first you know (:

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
im not trying to score browne points here i was just trying to help out new users and that way no rules are violted in the first you know (:
There is no need for that, the rules are in plain sight and clear. As well you agree to them the moment you sign up.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There is no need for that, the rules are in plain site and clear. As well you agree to them the moment you sign up. If you can't read the bold text, as well type "GBATemp does not host ROMs" when you sign up, then it's your fault when you break the rules.
I don't share that point of view - it's not a bad idea at all. Every driver knows the speed limits on given types of roads and yet they still have signs signifying when they can speed up and when they have to slow down. A simple pop-up would be a reminder "hello, you've just logged onto a civilized site so act properly", nothing more.

Reactions: 1 person

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There is no need for that, the rules are in plain site and clear. As well you agree to them the moment you sign up. If you can't read the bold text, as well type "GBATemp does not host ROMs" when you sign up, then it's your fault when you break the rules.
I don't share that point of view - it's not a bad idea at all. Every driver knows the speed limits on given types of roads and yet they still have signs signifying when they can speed up and when they have to slow down. A simple pop-up would be a reminder "hello, you've just logged onto a civilized site so act properly", nothing more.
I was a bit harsh, but still there really isn't a need to have the rules posted everywhere, they are right there in plain sight if you need a refresher.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's not a bad idea *provided* that at the end of the pop-up there will be a check-box (alot of scrolling) with a random question from the rules set attached to it. If the answer is correct and the check-box is checked, the pop-up would no longer appear, assuming that you've read the rules. Otherwise the pop-up would haunt you on every log on, literally forcing you to read it.

The question has to be random though, otherwise it'll be another "OK, moving on" matter.

mjax

Trophies
XP
Country
Seeing the current hacking scene, and the recent shift of focus, I don't believe it will be important in the future.

Besides Popups are frowned upon and most people will ignore them, wrongly perceiving them as advertisements

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.