Hacking Have O3DSXL (GW3DDS) and 2DS (rxTools) Questions.

Blue Lamb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O3DSXL is on sysnand 9.2 - emunand 10.3

the 2DS is on sysnand 9.0. 10.4

I saw something about the newest firmware (10.5 or 10.6) will disable online or even emunand.

I try to keep up with the scene and latest news but still get a bit lost.

Is it best to stay away from emunand firmware updates now?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
O3DSXL is on sysnand 9.2 - emunand 10.3

the 2DS is on sysnand 9.0. 10.4

I saw something about the newest firmware (10.5 or 10.6) will disable online or even emunand.

I try to keep up with the scene and latest news but still get a bit lost.

Is it best to stay away from emunand firmware updates now?

Online (this does not mean the browser necessarily) is disabled on consoles that are on firmwares 10.4 and below now, including online play, even if you have the latest game update. This doesn't affect emuNAND because you can just update to the latest firmware on it (except for RxTools 9.5 with N3DS). If for some reason you don't want to update emuNAND, there are workarounds which create a franken-firmware, but I don't recommend that method, especially if you're not using RxTools on N3DS.

At this point in time, being on emuNAND on 10.5 is completely safe in terms of being able to go online/use the eShop (some people say using out of region CIAs online can get you banned, but there's so much speculation and FUD being thrown around right now that I don't think anyone really knows for sure). Only Nintendo knows how tough they'll try to stop us, though.

Basically, don't cheat online, don't cheat in the badge arcade, and don't go online with out of region CIAs if you want to play it safe.

Last edited by daxtsu,
Reactions: Blue Lamb

JohnTravolski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a similar question:

Critical Information:

My Old Nintendo 3DS XL (USA NES edition) has a sysNAND of 4.2 and an emuNAND of 9.8. I use RXtools to boot into emuNAND and the only game that I play in emuNAND is Pokémon Omega Ruby so that I can use SaveDataFiler (which I installed from a .CIA file) to import and export save data AND extdata to edit on the computer with PKHex and Tinivi’s BVeditor. I originally updated my emuNAND to 9.2 by using the built-in update feature in the system settings while in emuNAND.

Problem:

Nintendo now REQUIRES (as of last Monday) you to have the latest system version in order to use the friend list and go online in Pokémon Omega Ruby. Naturally, my emuNAND is not the latest system version. Before Nintendo required this, I had no issues going online and using the friend list, but now I am unable to.

Question:

Can I update to the latest emuNAND with RxTools 2.6? What version of RxTools do I need to get my emuNAND up to 10.6?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs