Have joined the 9 to 5 wage slaves...

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So, I now sell my time/labour for money, all day every day, or rather, 9-5.

They great thing is that I can listen to lectures about Marxism while I do it, so I can fully revel in my slavery to capitalism.

Anyhoo... rent doesn't pay itself.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Change your custom title to: Resident slave of Capitalism. Me, I have no problem with 9 - 5, but a better job, that pays more would be great.
wink.gif
Oh, not in the service area either.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Try working 5-4, manual labor, and then come complain about 9-5. Seriously, you have a job. That makes you more fortunate than half the world's population. Lose the attitude. And the 5-4 example wasn't just some random thing I threw out there, that was my summer job in order to pay for college. But it was a job, and now I can afford another year of college so I don't end up doing that 5-4 manual labor for the rest of my life.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Yeah - lucky you.... having a 9-5 job

Try 'Shift work' - One week you're doing 6-3 (Earlies), the next 3-10 (Lates) , the next 10-6 (Nights).....
Or if you are VERY unlucky try the '144-Shift pattern'

That consists of 4 'Days' working followed by 2 days 'off' then 3 'Nights' followed by 2 days 'off' then a further 2 'Days' followed by 3 days 'off' then 3 'nights then 2 days 'off' & then it all repeats again

Schizoanalysis

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
qwertymodo said:
Seriously, you have a job. That makes you more fortunate than half the world's population.

I don't know where you pulled that figure from. Unemployent is around 5% here.

If your argumentative skills consist of pulling fantsy figures out of the air, you may want to consider paying more for a better college. Seriously, you wouldn't pass a subject doing that at the University I go to.

QUOTE(qwertymodo @ Nov 25 2010, 07:33 AM) Lose the attitude.

Ditto.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Schizoanalysis said:

I said the world's population. Obviously, like myself, you live in a developed nation with low unemployment, but that immediately puts us both in the top 50% worldwide.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
qwertymodo said:
Schizoanalysis said:

I said the world's population. Obviously, like myself, you live in a developed nation with low unemployment, but that immediately puts us both in the top 50% worldwide.

Haven't you heard? Australia IS the entire world.

Schizoanalysis

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
qwertymodo said:
Schizoanalysis said:

Taken even further, given that capitalism is not actually a worldwide system, imposing a structure specific to to that system (employed/unemployed) to the entire world seems problematic at best.

For example, take populations who are self-sufficient. It may be said that unemployment is 100%, which technically it is, but the group hunts, harvets plants, etc, and lives without money, so to speak.

But I take it that you made that figure up anyway, given that you didn't mention that you had a source.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I've never worked for another person in my life. Dropped out of high school to build my company, sold the company years later for a small fortune, and then lost everything in a lawsuit.

Now I sit here, homeless, wondering if I made the right choice.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Well I've never worked for another person in my life. Dropped out of high school to build my company, sold the company years later for a small fortune, and then lost everything in a lawsuit.

Now I sit here, homeless, wondering if I made the right choice.
Do you need a hug? No way you can go back now, all you have to do is look to the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.