Hacking Have I screwed up upgrading N3DS with GW41b?

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

One of my kids was running N3DS with original Nand on 9.0.0-20 and GW emunand on 10.3.0-28E.
I took upon upgrading wth the latest GW 4.1d software.

I followed the steps from the guide (copied all required files to the designated locations) and booted to sysnand and launching Gateway Time Machine.

I then chose to upgrade to 9.2.0.20. Upon reboot I had to configure the N3ds all over again, which I did.
But now, I am unable to boot back to GW mode. Profile just brings me back to Profile :(

How can I recover from this and then continue with the upgrade (Step 3 Page 8)?

In case I screwed up big time, I still have Zelda OOT and the blue card (haven't used that since the beginning so if you could refresh my mind in case I need to do this over again).

Thanks

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
why are you using gateway in the first place, just go free route of luma3ds + a9lh
I was waiting for that answer...

Anyway, OP, what are you trying to do actually? Because updating from 9.0 to 9.2 is useless, and doing anything with GW's tool is a bad idea compared to doing it with community tools (like, never try to install a9lh with their thing, but you're free to use your Gateway after installing a9lh with community tools, unlike what some people here would tell you).

Reactions: astronautlevel

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Using Gateway because way back this was the only solution and TBH it's never disappointed me so far. Games and stuff was working and the kids found it easy. Now I guess I'm stuck. I don't have much knowledge to get me out of this pit.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What am I trying to do... simply make it so the console boots gateway again so that the kids can play... I don't want to discard the GW card. As I said, easy to use and covers our needs.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If your copy of OoT still has the exploited save load it up and press A to boot into the GW menu. If this doesn't work you might have to update the payload with a save adapter or another hacked 3DS.

To get the DS profile exploit working again you need to downgrade your system settings (look online for a CIA) then in the GW menu use the Install NVRAM option.

Also petition to warn users who don't answer the bloody question by suggesting different hax/entry points. There's a choice for everyone.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does browserhax work? If so, you could just setup menuhax. And I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work, even if you're on a 9.0-9.2 frankenfirmware -.-

Reactions: Quantumcat

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Using Gateway because way back this was the only solution and TBH it's never disappointed me so far. Games and stuff was working and the kids found it easy. Now I guess I'm stuck. I don't have much knowledge to get me out of this pit.
Don't panic. Your system still works so your issue isn't irresolvable.

I would assume that because you upgraded to 9.2, you also have to reinstall the MSET exploit. Can you boot GW using the Homebrew Launcher and Zelda OOT? If you, you can re-install MSET from there using Install NVRAM.

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks, though the MSET stuff is pretty much all Greek to me. I have decided I'd format emunand from that point. Then I'll copy the content from the GW4.1 zip onto the internal SD card. Good idea?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
There's no need to format EmuNAND, your EmuNAND is fine.

MSET is just the name for the DS Profile exploit you've been using until now. Just follow the guide to the letter and you'll be fine.

Atro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you were moving from an old launcher to a new one, you simply have to replace the launcher.dat from 4.1 with yours. From what I can gather here, you accidentally attempted to install Gateway's A9LH, and upon entering the Time Machine downgrader, updated to 9.2.0. I'm willing to guess that your SD card was formatted in the process, so really, you just need to set Gateway up again the same way you did before.

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi again,

I am following the guide you sent but still do not understand the MSET stuff. Sorry for being so dumb but I launched Zelda OOT, ran the forged savegame, got into the GW menu, installed NVRam. Now booted to Sysnand. Launched Devmenu... now the guide states 'mport the MSET CIA to install it to sysNAND (from the second tab). I go the the Import tab and then what file should I import? There's savedatafiler.cia or flashcardtimewarp.cia and also microsdmanagement-e.cia and bigbluemenu.cia

Which one should I import ?
Thanks.

D

Deleted User

"hurr durr install a9lh gateway is shitty" Sorry, had to do that.

Anyway, do you have the MSET CIA? Also, I recommend FBI instead for installing cias.

D

Deleted User

Great! So, once those are installed, boot up the System Settings Gateway exploit and see if it works!

Reactions: sj33

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It did. Now profile gets me back to the N3DS menu and I can press select for games. But the SD card inside the console still has no emunand (I had formatted it to follow the guide). Guess I'm gonna have to boot to GW menu and format the darn card (formatemunand correct?).
Well I did anyway.

I will then copy the new files from GW 4.1b and start at page 8 of the manual... Please tell me if I shouldn't do this.

Last edited by Aglae Pheryl,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yes, you'll have to make a new EmuNAND because you accidently formatted the SD card.

But yay, at least everything works again now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: