Have I killed my Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Deeko, May 23, 2009.

May 23, 2009

Have I killed my Wii? by Deeko at 9:38 PM (1,538 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Deeko
    OP

Newcomer Deeko Member

United Kingdom
    Long time reader, first time poster.

I've used the guides on here to upgrade my softmod wii to 4.0. Ran it for a few months with no problems at all.

Decided what the hell and installed CIOSCORP v2, ISO60BF.wad and re-installed Preloader 0.29.

Disc channel loading is sweet until Mario Kart Wii and X-Men Origins:Wolverine (I know it's a bad game, but still) gave the annoying #001 error.

Deciding I was better of with the Gama Loader / Softchip than CIOSCORP so I re-installed CiosRev10, used IOS Downgrader and have now started Cios Downgrader to get me back to 3.2E so I can use the guide to get back to 4.0

And here comes the problem. I know the Cios downgrader can be slow to download and install all the components, I went for a cup of tea like I did last time, but instead of coming back to a screen full of text it had only installed ISO30 and was stuck on System Menu V290, "downloading content 69". It hasn't moved in 30 mins and have noticed my WiFi USB has dropped the signal a couple of times.

Now assuming that it's messed up I need to know whats going to happen if I turn the Wii off, obviously without any system menu now?

Will Preloader 0.29 let me go back into the HBC and start again, or should I throw it out the window? I dare not touch the thing until I get sound advise on Preloader in case I've some hope of getting it out in 1 piece!!

All help appreciated. And even if you can't help thanks for taking the time to read this post

Deeko

2. Alexrose

Member Alexrose Untitled

United Kingdom
    At any rate I doubt keeping it on the code dump is gonna be able to save you. I'd just go for it and check if preloader works. You might not even be bricked.

3. sentinel5000

Member sentinel5000 GBAtemp Fan

Puerto Rico
    Thats what happens when one does not know what he is doing and begins to install things he does not need. GL getting help im sure someone will help you..

4. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    if it was only downloading, good chance you are fine.

If it was installing, you may have a brick.

5. Deeko
    OP

Newcomer Deeko Member

United Kingdom
    It says downloading so I hope Preloader works. Only one way to find out....

I'll update once I've tried it.

Thanks for the replies

6. TroyTheZombie

Canada
    Just make sure you have a decent amount of blocks free on your wii before doing anything. (i'd say, hmm, 450 to be on the safe side)

7. joshed

Member joshed GBAtemp Regular

United States
    bootmii people! backup your nand and you wont be stuck on a brick!

8. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If it was still downloading, rather than installing, then you should be just fine.

9. Deeko
    OP

Newcomer Deeko Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks for all your replies guys!

Since it was only downloading when it stopped Preloader started the system menu without a problem.

I don't trust my wi-fi connection just now so I'm reading up on the offline downgrade/upgrade in the ultimate 4.0 guide so I can roll the frimware back to 3.2E and update back to 4.0.

Plus that should rid CiosCorp, I won't be installing it again just for Disc Channel loader. Gamma Loader with #002 fix will do me until I read enough on USB loader.

10. TroyTheZombie

Canada

yeah, i didn't bother with Cioscorp either. seems so pointless.

And all USB loader requires is Cios Rev 10, which you need anyway, and the usb loader itself. and of course, a external hard drive.

11. Tichinde925

Member Tichinde925 Marth Ditto Money Match?

United States
    CIOS Rev 9 has more compatibility over Rev 10 for USB loading.