Hacking Have I bought a fake?

Poots

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bought an R4 card for my son for Christmas. Trying to get it to work is proving to be a nightmare. I just keep getting an error message "Can't open_dsmenu.dat". The device Im using is a 3DSXL with the latest software (10.3.0-28E). I've attached a pic of the card I've bought. I'm using a 16GB micro SD card.
Am I doing something wrong? Is my card dodgy? Any help would be amazing as I'm just about to lose my mind with this thing!

Attachments

• IMG_3442.JPG
    IMG_3442.JPG
    873.3 KB · Views: 258

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Go to the website thats literally printed on the card.
www.r4isdhc.com.cn

Is what I would say, it appears the site is down.
I don't know if I can upload a kernel here, I guess so right?
It's sitting in my downloads folder right now. (I have exactly the same flashcart)

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought an R4 card for my son for Christmas. Trying to get it to work is proving to be a nightmare. I just keep getting an error message "Can't open_dsmenu.dat". The device Im using is a 3DSXL with the latest software (10.3.0-28E). I've attached a pic of the card I've bought. I'm using a 16GB micro SD card.
Am I doing something wrong? Is my card dodgy? Any help would be amazing as I'm just about to lose my mind with this thing!

Do you have a DS or DSi to test it on? Since you can get it to the "can't open_dsemnu.dat", it's probably not that, though. What does the root of your microsd card look like?

Last edited by osaka35,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1