Hacking Question Have I boned my switch beyond repair? (FW update issue I think)

oscymaj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
SO...
I recently updated my fw from 6.2 to 7.0.1 using choidejour but I think I did a boo boo. Instead of selecting the exFAT option, I picked the normal one. I'm not sure if this is the core issue but it's the only thing I can think of. Here's a picture because my English is not so good so:
Untitled.png

(the numbers are wrong because I just stole that as a template from a youtube video)

But now I can't load my cfw on it, I've tried atmosphere and ReiNX but no no avail. I just get package2 magic errors when trying to launch an older ReiNX build or the screen will just go black after the cfw splash screen when using current builds.
58378057_641866006256665_987902461593255936_n.jpg

PLUS
since I can't load cfw on my switch now, I can't use choidejour to change the fw back to something that's exFAT compatible. I feel like I've locked myself out of my switch and it stinks real bad.

Any help at all would be great, like if I'm able to actually change the firmware via USB without needing to boot a cfw. I am just at a loss and don't know what to do.

Budsixz

Gbatemp Gamemer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
exfat i think is only used for exfat micro sd support
is your microsd fat32 or exfat?
cause if its fat32 then just remove old cfw files and use latest kosmos package (i only know atmosphere install process)

Reactions: oscymaj

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Recommendation is always to choose exfat install. But if you got a spare SD, just format it to fat32. Then copy Kosmos over.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Use a sperate FAT32 micro sd and update with ChoiDujourNX to firmware with exFAT. Of course first check which file system your current micro sd is using.

Reactions: oscymaj

Nononoki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In my opinion, ChoidujourNX should get rid of the non-exFat option. Exfat supported version (not exfat SD cards!) downsides except maybe having a few more free megabytes in the NAND since it also supports FAT32 SD cards.

oscymaj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for all the support, I'll try to find a spare SD card tonight and will update with progress.

oscymaj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just format to fat32 then put your cfw files and you're good to go.

This ended up working!! Thank you all for the support when I felt like I'd completely screwed the pooch. <3

EDIT: IDK how to close threads or if there's some kind of netiquette around this kind of thread resolved thing

Last edited by oscymaj,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality