Have fw 3.42 systems hit stores yet?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Kayot, Sep 19, 2010.

Sep 19, 2010
  1. Kayot
    OP

Member Kayot GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Have fw 3.42 systems hit stores yet?

2. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Probably, but I can't be sure.

The new bundles have it, for sure.

3. Kayot
    OP

Member Kayot GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I plan to hit Walmart tomorrow, I'll post back if I get one. I figure I'll hit up the invoice logs and see if there are any there that predate Sep 7.

What I'm really worried about is if they'll have a copy of Disgaea 3 there since that's the only game I'd really care to own if I end up with a 3.42, the rest of the great games were better on the Xbox360 and PC which is worlds easier to exploit. Stupid console exclusives >_>

RPG's for the Win!

4. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    It's doubtful, even if they have been made they're either still being shipped or on the back burner. And even if they ARE at stores the stores will still go need to go through their current stock of PS3's before they start selling the newer ones.

5. Bourbon

Newcomer Bourbon Newbie

United States
    I just picked up a brand new Move bundle from my local Gamestop and it had 3.40 (now has 3.41 [​IMG] ) on it.
    Just waiting for my PS3Break from shoptemp to "fix" this system [​IMG]

6. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    That is true, however since these jailbreak came out we are having a PS3 shortage. lol

7. Kayot
    OP

Member Kayot GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I plan to use my Ti-84 Silver from when I was in collage. Unfortunately I'll have to pick up some AAA's batteries. Wish it wasn't so pricy, (299$ + 1 game I like) but then again it doubles over as a Bluray player... Now if I had bluray video's [​IMG].

8. Edster

Member Edster GBAtemp Regular

United States

Awesome. I'm planning on getting a Move bundle as well. I hope it has 3.40. If not, going to return it real fast!

9. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    A piece of useful info that came up last year/earlier this year for the 360 when world and his donkey wanted a 360 that was not updated past the point where the JTAG hack (a far reaching hack with far more options than the more common DVD hack- if you know wii think the difference between a basic d2c and prior era modchip vs full modern softmod) was impossible is check the home cinema sections of the shops.
    Often they will be running a different stock system or at least they will have the older models sitting there as they do not sell as many as the games sections.

I wonder what it will be like this time around- how many people will stock up on systems and play such games.

Similarly do none of you have tame shop assistants on your lists of associates?

10. OrGoN3

Member OrGoN3 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

This is so far from being true. All of the bundles currently in stores were shipped well before 3.42 was even out. It will be a little while until we see 3.42 FW preloaded on systems in stores.

11. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    i almost got one for $65 off craigslist with a broken blue ray drive.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

12. Conundrum1911

Newcomer Conundrum1911 Member

Canada
    Picked up a 320GB 'Move Bundle' last night (from Futureshop in Canada), and it had fw 3.3 preinstalled on it).

13. elmoreas

Member elmoreas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I took my Dad and Stepmom to Gamestop last night to get a PS3 in hopes that we could get a

14. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    no, you should buy one now before they run out of exploitable systems.
    this will be the same story as with the 360 jtag consoles...

15. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    You say this lenselijer but it was quite a while between the JTAG/smc being released (not to mention it being fixed before release and on new boxes before that even), it being ported to all hardware revisions (it was only on the original models first off- RRoD much?) and the rebooters being made/revived (let alone made stable/viable).
    Do not tell me you do not remember telling people to try and save their 360 for JTAG and getting "I doubt it will come to that much" in return- often then watching the very same people get banned a few weeks down the line and/or paying exorbitant amounts for such machines.

The PS3 on the other hand had a "production grade" hack for all models and a fix made after the announcement (albeit fairly quickly) with considerable viable stock on shelves and no updates seen in those models on the shelves in what is it now nearly 5 weeks after the announcement?

I do not doubt those that shelved a few boxes these last few weeks or otherwise have a supply will make a pretty penny in the coming months (assuming no additional hacks) and it will go on to mirror the JTAG situation but getting there will probably be different.

16. alucard2x

Newcomer alucard2x Newbie

United States
    I picked up a 160GB (to replace my dead fat model) on Friday and it was at 3.40

17. coopsy

Newcomer coopsy Member

United Kingdom
    Nope not yet.

Purchased new slim-line 320GB model yest and is on 3.40

18. qlum

Member qlum Posting when needed

Netherlands