Have DSi only/feature games been working on DSi flashcarts?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by blazingwolf, Mar 4, 2010.

1. blazingwolf
    OP

Member blazingwolf GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'd been waiting to put off buying a DSi until DSi only games or games that featured DSi features came out, but I haven't been on the up and up and my brother might getting one soon.

Anyway my question is, have DSi only games come out and work on the DSi flashcarts, or atleast games with DSi features? Want to wait till they are definitely working alongside regular DS games, thanks for any help!

2. XXNatus

Member XXNatus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    DSi Enhanced games do work on flashcarts, however they run in DS mode meaning that you don't have access to the DSi only features even if you're playing on a DSi.

3. blazingwolf
    OP

Member blazingwolf GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Is that something that can't be fixed? Basically flashcarts won't work with or atleast work fully with DSi only games? Or has it been an issue of the games are only DSi enhanced and when DSi only games come out support will come. Is it a hardware issue withthe DSi flashcarts or software?

4. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    DSi mode hasn't been hacked yet, so we're still stuck with having to use the standard DS features. The carts have been designed to run in DS mode, so new carts may be needed once DSi mode has been cracked, unless it allows a custom firmware to run on DSi. In short: DSi features won't be possible for a while yet.

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The flash carts tell the DSi that they're a DS cart, so they run in DS mode. According to this, the identification/switch is done when the cart is loaded, so as far as I know there'd be no way to play DSi games or use the enhanced features without perhaps changing a setting in the firmware and then resetting so the cart tells the DSi it's a DSi cart, but getting DSi mode first will be a requirement, and so far that has not happened, only DS mode.

So DSi mode is a requirement first.

6. gameguy95

Banned gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

United States
    there is a thing called the search button. learn to use it before making a thread about this. or at least check the DSi FAQ(http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146452 if your computer does not like links XD