Have been out of the loop

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Alerek, Jun 26, 2009.

Jun 26, 2009

Have been out of the loop by Alerek at 2:59 AM (1,085 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Alerek
    OP

Member Alerek GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I haven't tried to do anything on the Wii in quite some time....not too long after SSBM came out.

I have a WiiKey installed, and my system menu reads my firmware as 2.0U, but to load games long ago, I used Gecko OS from the HBC.

I'm trying to run Punch Out and Madworld, and I keep getting black screens on both. I've grabbed the newest (from what I can tell) Geko OS, but that isn't helping. I tried using the WiiGator dealy, but that keeps giving me an 002 error for Madworld (and not reading punch out at all).

Am I missing something obvious, or is there some cataclysmic wii hombrew/backuploader somethingorother that's long been released that I should have?

2. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    your missing the needed ios files.

38,53,and 55 i believe.

You can google them and find wads of them and then install them using the HBC and wad manager 1.4

3. Alerek
    OP

Member Alerek GBAtemp Fan

United States
    rawk, thank you kindly sir, I'll try that out tomorrow [​IMG]

4. bnui_ransder

Newcomer bnui_ransder Member

United States
    I say thank you as well! I have been out of the loop for just about as long!!

5. roku93

Member roku93 GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    Probably better look at the homebrew updaters than look for wads. Easier and legal. But if you want to go the Wad route, look for Wii Update File Extractor and rip the update files from your disc.

6. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    How about: Just get the latest Gecko OS and do not touch .isos? The latest Gecko OS installs the necessary IOS wads from disc automatically. Easy, fast and secure.