Have been out of the loop for a while, need some summary/updates

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by dimmujed, Oct 23, 2008.

1. dimmujed
    OP

Member dimmujed GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I haven't been able to visit here much, and I'm not sure if there is anything else I'd want. Some things I'm curious about is the Homebrew channel that lets you automatically download stuff from the net, or is that integrated into the HBC?

Also what is cI0S? And should I worry about getting it since I have the Wiikey? Is there any benefits of it?

A few questions I have too are:

1. Can you put multiple Wii games on one disc yet? (backups)

2. Can you save channels on SD card and play off them yet? USB?

3. Any games I should check out? Last one was Super Mario Sluggers that I played.

4. Any other apps I should know about/check out? For Wii? PC?

Thanks in advance if you can answer my questions, I will really appreciate it!

DimmuJed - Youtube.com/jed05

2. Mark McDonut

Member Mark McDonut GBAtemp Fan

United States
    What you're thinking of is the homebrew browser, It's a great app to download homebrew apps direct to your sd card without popping it out of your wii

cIOS is a modified chunk of wii code that allows for apps like the disc backup tool to unlock the dvd drive for access to dump backups of your games over wifi sd, usb or usbgecko. It also enables access to run backup loader apps without a mod chip (which for this part you have wiikey, and the backup loader app is still in development so I wouldn't worry about it) so it's good to have to make backups.

now for your numbered questions

1 - nope not yet

2 - nope on that too. some apps have usb support (multimedia players and emulators) but only for storage

3 - I'd keep an eye out for Madworld coming out, looks to be promising.

4 - check out wiibrew.org they host all apps that aren't piracy-leaning. For everything else in the grey area, lurk around here.

3. dimmujed
    OP

Member dimmujed GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey thanks a lot. So grab Homebrew Browser, and I'll be all set then really, thanks!

4. Mark McDonut

Member Mark McDonut GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Sure thing, enjoy [​IMG]