Hacking Have a Switch OFW 1.0.0...

modern

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Would like to start running homebrew and backups and have seen that the scene has reach that point to a certain extent. I don't have a SX Pro but I do have JPN puyo puyo which was needed to have access to exploit.

Have read of ways to update the switch without burning fuses and without burning the cartridge fuses (although rendered useless under 3.0.0 after reverted) but am unsure if I need a cable to do a payload or if running directly from 1.0.0 with the hblauncher which can be permanently installed I think?

My question is would I still need a jig to get into rcm mode or not needed since I'm on 1.0.0 and if I need a USB A to USB C cable to do payload or can all be down from sd card.

Seems like updating is needed to play latest games and being on 1.0.0 I just need to update without burning fuses or wait longer for permanent CFW?

If someone could post the steps to get to play backups and latest homebrew

It's been months since I've last plays BOW but I doubt there are any issues just need to charge for a while

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is a warmboot exploit specifically for firmware 1.0.0 called jamais vu, but i believe it is unreleased. i would recommend searching google/youtube to use the tinfoil method of entering rcm (it does require usb c to usb a), backing up your nand (and game saves if you have them), using the fuseless upgrade you mentioned to upgrade to 5.1.0, install some nsp files with tinfoil or devmenu, and play games until jamais vu is released. there is a way (unless you use sx os) to prevent the game cartridge slot from upgrading using a kip file. if you do use that file, the game cart slot won't work on higher firmware, but will if you revert back to 1.0.0 later, so it is highly recommended. you can find backups of any cartridges you might have anyway, and restore saves to them i believe.

the thing about fuseless upgrading is it will install autorcm, which is good and bad. good because you can remove the foil, bad because you will need to inject a payload each time you power off the switch. many people just leave it in sleep mode charging, rather than power it off. this would change for you if/when jamais vu is released.

Last edited by machinoman,

abk14459

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine was on 1.0.0 as well with fake news(pegaswitch) installed. Now I'm on the latest version playing backups with no fuses burned. Here's what I did
-backup everything. You can get into rcm without a jig but i did it with it as it was easier for me
-Follow that Raj guys tutorial for upgrading without burning fuses. Your gonna need to download the fw that you want from another site or just scroll through the comments on his page. There's a link in there somewhere. Also in step 6 in his tutorial just download the app for homebrew so you can skip all the other steps and skip trying to get your keys manually, huge headache on 1.0.0.
-after your use that app, it should have autorcm to on now you have no need for jig.
-I use sx os pro but you can use layeredfs for backups or wait for reinx or atmosphere to support backup loading
-you're gonna need usb-c to usb-a cable when injecting payloads through Tegra and every time you want to load your cfw. But if you don't turn it off and just put console to sleep, you'll hardly ever have to use cable to connect to computer

Only downside of using sx os, you can't modify the files so there's no way around burning the game cart fuse but hopefully when the need to restore backup to 1.0.0 comes, we won't need to use the game cart since we have fake news.

Last edited by abk14459,
Reactions: modern

modern

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Awesome thanks for the responses I'll follow what you did @abk14459.

So From pegaswitch and installing fakenews I can get around the jig and from there just update without burning fuses.

So now I just need to get a usb-c to usb-a cable and a 64 gb sd card. :yayswitch:

xwizit

Trophies
XP
Country
One of my switches is also on 1.0. Im praying for a warmboot+emunand to come to it one day.

DeathGrind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 1.00 switch as well, and about a week ago decided to update it using Raj's guide and tools. Process was easy, fast and simple IMO. RajNX works great! It's easy to launch RajNX without updating the game cart firmware.

I wouldn't waste the money on sxos, especially since it will update the game cart firmware. Unless xci backups are a priority.

RajNX with autorcm, fuseless upgrade is great and easy to do.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine was on 1.0.0 as well with fake news(pegaswitch) installed. Now I'm on the latest version playing backups with no fuses burned. Here's what I did
-backup everything. You can get into rcm without a jig but i did it with it as it was easier for me
-Follow that Raj guys tutorial for upgrading without burning fuses. Your gonna need to download the fw that you want from another site or just scroll through the comments on his page. There's a link in there somewhere. Also in step 6 in his tutorial just download the app for homebrew so you can skip all the other steps and skip trying to get your keys manually, huge headache on 1.0.0.
-after your use that app, it should have autorcm to on now you have no need for jig.
-I use sx os pro but you can use layeredfs for backups or wait for reinx or atmosphere to support backup loading
-you're gonna need usb-c to usb-a cable when injecting payloads through Tegra and every time you want to load your cfw. But if you don't turn it off and just put console to sleep, you'll hardly ever have to use cable to connect to computer

Only downside of using sx os, you can't modify the files so there's no way around burning the game cart fuse but hopefully when the need to restore backup to 1.0.0 comes, we won't need to use the game cart since we have fake news.
I've also updated my gc slot, which screws puyo(?) But new versions of reinx you can include a nogc file to not update gc slot.

charlieb

Trophies
XP
Country
I did as above on 2 switches. The trick is to use the reboot-to-rcm nsp so you can then boot RajNX (it has an option to boot on 1.0.0) because once you boot into 1.0.0 via RCM you can then use the homebew here https://gbatemp.net/threads/choiduj...e-nintendo-switch.513416/page-27#post-8198762 to upgrade your switches EMMC with the new FW without burning fuses but more importanly you can autoRCM so that from there onwards you boot to RCM without the need of fakenews or a jig.

Worked exceptionally well for me on 2 switches.

abk14459

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've also updated my gc slot, which screws puyo(?) But new versions of reinx you can include a nogc file to not update gc slot.
I installed fake news then made a backup of everything so if I were to recover, it should still have fake news for me to access pegaswitch. If you haven't done that and you recover, yeah you won't be able to use game cart slot or fake news unless a new way to access fake news comes out.

I wouldn't worry about it. Lots of people upgraded without burning fuses and 1.0.0 is the most exploitable switch so when you do recover, by then there should be a workaround without needing to use game slot or emunand should be released by then and we can use game slot that way after emunand is upgraded. Lots of possibilities.

modern

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok I'm making a backup of everything now and will soon update to 5.1 using ChoiDujourNX so I don't burn any fuses. I used pixel-stuck reboot to rcm is to be able to smash hekate and am currently backup everything. Plan on using RajNX for now

My final question is I plan on turning off switch after each use which means that I need to re inject the payload of the firmware I wanna boot in each time with the computer. With autorcm installed is there any chance that my switch will boot in horizon os and burn my fuses to 5.1.0?

I read that if the battery is used up completely it'll boot into horizon os if my sd in inserted? Should I always leave eject my sd card before attempting to turn on the console or will autorcm prevent any fuse burns?

My main concern is that my fuses will burn as I did extra steps to prevent using tinfoil method and all with pegaswitch so would like to prevent needing it to launch my homebrew

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I'm making a backup of everything now and will soon update to 5.1 using ChoiDujourNX so I don't burn any fuses. I used pixel-stuck reboot to rcm is to be able to smash hekate and am currently backup everything. Plan on using RajNX for now

My final question is I plan on turning off switch after each use which means that I need to re inject the payload of the firmware I wanna boot in each time with the computer. With autorcm installed is there any chance that my switch will boot in horizon os and burn my fuses to 5.1.0?

I read that if the battery is used up completely it'll boot into horizon os if my sd in inserted? Should I always leave eject my sd card before attempting to turn on the console or will autorcm prevent any fuse burns?

My main concern is that my fuses will burn as I did extra steps to prevent using tinfoil method and all with pegaswitch so would like to prevent needing it to launch my homebrew
If AutoRCM is installed, it is virtually impossible to boot into non-RCM OFW and burn fuses.

If the battery ever dies with AutoRCM installed, the console will act like it is bricked. It just needs to be charged for an hour or so before it can recoup its battery. Not sure where you heard it will boot into OFW with an SD card is inserted; the bootup of the console is unaffected with or without an SD card.

Reactions: modern

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass