Hacking Have a PSP 1001, firmware 5.0

ThePJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guessing the firmware is custom 5.00 M33-3.
Should I get new firmware? Thanks.

Last edited by ThePJ,

ThePJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please tell me where to start, Google is not your friend. All the stuff is so dated.

ThePJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I'm in there yet I don't see M33 listed under "My current firmware."
http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSP/RESULT_PSP1000_CFW.html
There is where I went when I sleeted "other" firmware and was told.
You can install a full Custom Firmware of your choice!

Im going to go with the 6.6.0 Pro.

Am I good?

And ty again for giving me a quick and straight answer, hard to find that. ;)

Last edited by ThePJ,

ThePJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All good with the 6.60 pro, flashed also so I dont need to keep toggling after restarts. Running everything great. TY so much for saving me half the night man.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on what you want. If you just want homebrew, 5.00M33-6 is great as it supports everything, including iR Shell. If you are more concerned about PSP games and want to run most homebrew, 6.61 Pro/ME will work fine. If you want better support for plugins and aren't worried about the fixes that came with 6.61, then 6.60 Pro/ME will work fine.

ThePJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What fixes came with 6.61 I heard it was a crock of sh*t excuse for sony to d*ck with homebrew.
And I'm mostly concerned about my backups, PS1 backups PBPs, Emulators, I don't need a homebrew clone of connect four. :D

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What fixes came with 6.61 I heard it was a crock of sh*t excuse for sony to d*ck with homebrew.
And I'm mostly concerned about my backups, PS1 backups PBPs, Emulators, I don't need a homebrew clone of connect four. :D
It didn't even really mess with any previous homebrew beyond just needing to update a couple of things. I think the fixes only pertained to one game. I'm sure you can find what game via google.

Last edited by TecXero,

ThePJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google is not my friend, it caused more issues finding help with this problem than anything and just cause social wastelands on forums. I'm starting to wonder if google is run by North Korea or something. Anyways. What fixes can it do to CFW and backups, and emus? TYIA

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google is not my friend, it caused more issues finding help with this problem than anything and just cause social wastelands on forums. I'm starting to wonder if google is run by North Korea or something. Anyways. What fixes can it do to CFW and backups, and emus? TYIA
6.61? It offers nothing homebrew wise. It will run everything 6.60 can but some older plugins have troubles with it. All CFWs offer pretty much the same thing, anymore. Pro offers everything M33 had built into it, with slightly better menus and the new Inferno driver with ISO caching. ME offers everything Pro does, plus LEDA support. The main drawback to ME is some fan mods (like translation patches) for official PSP games don't work properly with it. They're rare, though.

ThePJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Id rather not have plugin issues so forget 6.61.

If it needs to be translated, it's goofy japanime which I am not a fan of so I'm not worried. :D
But I am good anyways as I installed 6.60 pro?

Last edited by ThePJ,

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Id rather not have plugin issues so forget 6.61.

If it needs to be translated, it's goofy japanime which I am not a fan of so I'm not worried. :D
But I am good anyways as I installed 6.60 pro?
You should be fine as long as it's not the faulty C3 version. It had troubles with some PS1 games. Otherwise, you're good.

ThePJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not using that, I'm using 6.60 Pro C2. Why did you say C3, it says updates for C2, I'm lost.

ThePJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are for old firmware. I don't need these. Yeah I zipped far away from that, as I just got into PSP scene far late. :D TY though for watching a dude's back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: