Hardware Have a problem with my Wii Motion Plus.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a Wii Motion Plus and having some problems. When I go to a game like Wii Sports Resort that looks for the Motion Plus, the game tells me to insert it when its already inserted in. If I switch remotes and put that Motion Plus in my other remote it works. But on the other remote I still have some problems. Sometimes there isn't that hand pointer on the screen so I have to turn off the Wii and turn it back on for the pointer to be there. Another thing is when I insert my nunchuck into the Wii Motion Plus for that game on Wii Sports Resorts it doesn't recognize my nunchuck.

EDIT: Running on 4.2 softmodded Wii. IOS249.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I'd recommend a generic test on the functionalities. i.e Resync'd? locked in the motion plus? etc. Just as a background check for what could've gone wrong.

Did you drop that wiimote into something perhaps?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arithmatics said:
I'd recommend a generic test on the functionalities. i.e Resync'd? locked in the motion plus? etc. Just as a background check for what could've gone wrong.

Did you drop that wiimote into something perhaps?
No I don't think I dropped it. The wiimote works fine without the motion plus. And diagnoss programs for the Wii?

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
It sounds more like the plug for the wiimote is broken. Try plugging in a nunchuk and see if it works.

I mean without the motion plus

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arithmatics said:
It sounds more like the plug for the wiimote is broken. Try plugging in a nunchuk and see if it works.

I mean without the motion plus
Nunchuck works fine. Well actually I did have some problems with my Nunchuck before when it always used to turn right, a simple reboot of the Wii fixed the problem though.

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it an official controller or is it a knock off? Some knock offs may not work with official gear.

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's probably the problem then... like I said, not all knock offs work... some do, some don't.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
w!! said:
That's probably the problem then... like I said, not all knock offs work... some do, some don't.
Any way to fix anything? Eh oh well. I am not really sure its a knock off how do I check? I got the motion plus from a store in china online.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
The official one has RVL-026 printed in the nunchuk plug under the wii motion plus

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
Porobu said:
The official one has RVL-026 printed in the nunchuk plug under the wii motion plus
That is what mine has too.

No real way to tell other than opening it up, or comparing it for visual differences from a known original. No work around either. Maybe get a knock off Motion Plus and see if it works with it. They're like $10 shipped from dealextreme... may find them cheaper somewhere else. Still not guaranteed to work. Having imprints and labels mean nothing. I have 5 knock offs. Three are visually identical in every way. The other two have a sllightly different blue on the home key. If you think it's a knock off, it probably is... I mean... why else would you think that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol