Hardware Have a few questions about importing a new 3ds LL.

trogoldito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm considering importing a new 3ds LL with the intent of installing Luma CFW. From what I've read it looks like games from my region (US) should run fine. But I've seen several threads with people having problems getting DLC working that matches the game (US) but not the system (JP). Is this still an issue or is there a simple solution to the problem?

Also, is there anything else I should know before making my purchase?

I prefer the pearl white 3ds LL which is no longer available in the US but I will just buy another color available in the US if importing causes too many complications.

munchy_cool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you install CFW, you can do a region swap as well...if its a BNIB 3DS LL you can convert it to a 3ds XL US region and e-shop will work, assuming it never had a NNID associated with it.

Now , if the 3DS LL had a game pre-installed then eShop wont work even after region swap.

Have you looked at the Fireemblem fates 3ds XL, it is Pearl white as well.

Edit
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide_RedNAND/wiki/Region-Changing

Edit 2
Also, look at importing from UAE, Malaysia or Singapore. They have N3DS-XL in Pearl white with US region :)

Last edited by munchy_cool,
Reactions: trogoldito

trogoldito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the look of that fire emblem version even more than the standard pearl white. But the price on a brand new one from the NTSC region is significantly higher than for a Japanese one. I ended up buying a BNIB Japanese FE fates 3DS LL on ebay for $248 shipped. It doesn't come with a preinstalled game so I will just region swap it.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

munchy_cool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the look of that fire emblem version even more than the standard pearl white. But the price on a brand new one from the NTSC region is significantly higher than for a Japanese one. I ended up buying a BNIB Japanese FE fates 3DS LL on ebay for $248 shipped. It doesn't come with a preinstalled game so I will just region swap it.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out.
well , FEF 3ds xl comes in a US version as well..thats why I mentioned it ..maybe you could have got that and then wouldnt have to worry about region swap and all..

trogoldito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well , FEF 3ds xl comes in a US version as well..thats why I mentioned it ..maybe you could have got that and then wouldnt have to worry about region swap and all..
Yeah, but I couldn't find a BNIB anywhere for less than $292 shipped or $250 used (I really don't like buying used handhelds anyways). I got the Japanese one for $238 shipped BNIB.

The region changing directions you linked to seem easy enough so I'd rather do that and spend less $.

Can't wait until it comes in. That smokey black back and black buttons/d-pad on white look fantastic.

edit: Just realized that it was actually $238 instead of $248.:grog:

Last edited by trogoldito,

munchy_cool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but I couldn't find a BNIB anywhere for less than $292 shipped or $250 used (I really don't like buying used handhelds anyways). I got the Japanese one for $238 shipped BNIB.

The region changing directions you linked to seem easy enough so I'd rather do that and spend less $.

Can't wait until it comes in. That smokey black back and black buttons/d-pad on white look fantastic.

edit: Just realized that it was actually $238 instead of $248.:grog:
awesome ...enjoy ..let us know how it goes ..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs