NULL

Have a banned Switch, want to buy a new Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by SpaceJump, Jan 1, 2019.

1. SpaceJump
    OP

SpaceJump GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 18, 2005
    Germany
    Zebes
    I have a banned Switch with my Nintendo Account on it. If I buy a new Switch, will I be able to login with my account from the banned Switch to the new Switch and download my legally bought games from the eShop?

Last edited by SpaceJump, Jan 1, 2019
  2. Treeko

Treeko GBAtemp Fan

Sep 29, 2012
    Yes, but you'll have to call nintendo support to unlink the account from the banned switch first, make a excuse you lost your switch or its broken.

3. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    or say it was stolen

4. SpaceJump
    OP

Aug 18, 2005
    Germany
    Zebes
    I see. What happens to the banned Switch when my account is unlinked?

5. Augar

Augar Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2018
    Brazil
    Nothing, it still works as usual. It will probably display that your account is still linked, since it wont be allowed to contact Nintendo anyway.

Some very specific games hides LAN-multiplayer behind linked accounts, but there are workarounds for that.

SpaceJump likes this.
  6. SpaceJump
    OP

Aug 18, 2005
    Germany
    Zebes
    What if I don't unlink my account from the banned Switch and login to the new Switch with said account, will I be able to download and play my legally bought games from eShop?

7. Augar

Augar Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2018
    Brazil
    Yes. The bans issued by Nintendo involving CFW are usually console-only (online play, updated and CDN access), the account is still on good standing. I'm not sure if a repeat offender would be forgiven again, tho.

SpaceJump likes this.
  8. SpaceJump
    OP

Aug 18, 2005
    Germany
    Zebes
    Even if I don't unlink my account from the banned Switch? Then why does anyone bother with unlinking?

9. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Some people are paranoid enough to believe their account will be banned. Others have purchases made on that account they would rather not risk losing.

10. Sakuraibr

Sakuraibr Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2019
    Brazil
    The console bound games past losses is a fair enough excuse. It's great to see nowadays we can recommend OP to unlink and redownload the games on another console.
    Hope everything goes well and Nintendo proceed with what OP are going for.

SpaceJump likes this.