Hacking Have 4.1U system and installed IOS60-patched to run VC/WiiWare

trades1981

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently ran the IOS60-patched so that I can move and load WiiWare/VC games from my SD card. Now I'm seeing in places that this patch is vulnerable to bricking Wii's? Is this true for upgrading to this system or even if you already have 4.1 menu? Now that I have it installed what are the issues that are known to brick the Wii?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it were somehow going to brick the Wii, it would have done so already and that would only be because you screwed something up in the process, like accidentally UNinstalling something instead of installing it properly.

Installing things like system menus and the accompanying IOS is dangerous mostly because of user error.

trades1981

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, well, things have been working and I've ran the VC/WiiWare from the SD card with no problem. So, I guess in that regard, the IOS60 was patched correctly. Are there any issues once it is installed as far as updating any other hacking programs? Ie. update Wad Manager to new version and all of a sudden Wii is bricked because the IOS60 was patched? That's the type of issue I'm wondering if it exists...?

trades1981

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, was wondering if it is a safer bet to uninstall the ios60patch and use TriiForce for VC/WiiWare launching? Just a thought....

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont uninstall IOS60 if you are on 4.0 or 4.1, you will brick, as your system menu runs off of IOS60

as far as updating wad manager and apps of that nature...they run off of a cIOS (mainly 249), so nothing to worry about there

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk