Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd coming to the west

GameWinner

Take your heart
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That’s right. You’re not dreaming. We believed in all of you and we asked for your support – and you gave it to us without reservation. It was your supportive comments, your encouraging words at every place we showed the game, and your drive that made all the difference. Some of you bought the game twice – others three or even four times. But whether you picked it up once or four times, all of you helped make Miku a success, and still do. Thank you so much for that.

Now, it’s our turn to believe in you once more.

This fall, we will be releasing Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd for both the Playstation 3 and the Playstation VITA. Project DIVA F 2nd features similar but improved gameplay over the first game, with a whopping 40 songs – a collection of the best new songs, and some of the most loved classic songs, previously only available in the Japanese releases. You can check out two of those in our trailer!

Besides 40 songs and four difficulties for each in the Rhythm Game, players can look forward to the return of the impressive Edit Mode feature, which lets you build your very own videos and Rhythm games using all of the in-game assets, and share them online with the world. It has seen notable improvements over the first version, and we can’t wait to see what amazing creations you all will build with it!

And finally, because we like good news, I’ll drop a hint here that we have some fun stuff in the works for our Western release.

I’m pleased to confirm one of those things right now: We will be releasing a Packaged version of the game for both the Playstation 3 and the PS VITA!

One of the primary comments we saw across the internet over the last year was that PS3 owners loved their physical copies, and that so many PS VITA owners wished one was available. We begin our campaign today by announcing that whichever platform you own, you’ll be able to reserve a physical copy of DIVA F 2nd when it releases!

We’ll have much more news regarding Project DIVA F 2nd as we near E3, but in the meantime, we hope this news has made your day a little brighter.
Thank you all once more for supporting us, and here’s to the future of Hatsune Miku in the West!

THERE ARE MORE MIKU FANS THAN DIGIMON!?
DARRRRRRRNN ITT!!

Great for Miku fans.

Source

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh, nice, I'll have to pick that up eventually. I was hoping this would be translated as well. I do hope this will have less vocals-only mapped songs, but probably not. I mean, it kind of makes sense, but it seriously limits the difficulty of songs without bringing in ridiculous shit like Gekishou.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Oh, nice, I'll have to pick that up eventually. I was hoping this would be translated as well. I do hope this will have less vocals-only mapped songs, but probably not. I mean, it kind of makes sense, but it seriously limits the difficulty of songs without bringing in ridiculous shit like Gekishou.

If you want a ridiculously difficult rhythm game go play Beatmania IIDX. I think Project diva games are difficult enough for most people(including me) and if were more difficult would be frustrating(will you be happy if you couldn't pass normal songs??).

I'm happy with the news, I'm actually one of those who bought the game three times, japanese Vita physical, usa PS3 physical and usa Vita digital, and I was evaluating importing F 2nd, but now there is no need to import it. if they release a special edition with soundtrack or something I'll give them all my diva points.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you want a ridiculously difficult rhythm game go play Beatmania IIDX. I think Project diva games are difficult enough for most people(including me) and if were more difficult would be frustrating(will you be happy if you couldn't pass normal songs??).

I'm happy with the news, I'm actually one of those who bought the game three times, japanese Vita physical, usa PS3 physical and usa Vita digital, and I was evaluating importing F 2nd, but now there is no need to import it. if they release a special edition with soundtrack or something I'll give them all my diva points.
7462-7739.png

Oh believe me, I know how difficult Beatmania can be :P
But the problem I have with it is that once you play enough all but the hardest few songs become too easy to really be fun playing, and that doesn't really take that long. Not to mention having to slog through Hard and especially Normal before even being able to play songs on Extreme whenever a new game is released - it's a shame there's no faster way of unlocking the higher difficulties for veteran players. It doesn't have to be hard to the point of being unable to pass Normal, but having a setting above Extreme for the slower songs would be nice. I love certain songs (ACUTE on PDF, for example) but there just isn't much of a reason to play them again if playing through it feels boring.

D

Deleted User

But the problem I have with it is that once you play enough all but the hardest few songs become too easy to really be fun playing, and that doesn't really take that long. Not to mention having to slog through Hard and especially Normal before even being able to play songs on Extreme whenever a new game is released - it's a shame there's no faster way of unlocking the higher difficulties for veteran players. It doesn't have to be hard to the point of being unable to pass Normal, but having a setting above Extreme for the slower songs would be nice. I love certain songs (ACUTE on PDF, for example) but there just isn't much of a reason to play them again if playing through it feels boring.
Are you actually complaining that Project Diva isn't up to your god-tier rhythm genre standards? It's fucking petite idols* dancing around to their songs.

*I know they're vocaloids don't go all weeaboo on me

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile

I know what you mean by that. but some song are simply easier because are slow and boring, is like ask "hey, how fast is that car?? only 88MPH?? can't go faster than that?? bleh... boring". if they where to try and artificially put more notes, said notes will feel out of place and not on sync.
now on the matter of unlocking the difficulties, yeah they should add something to unlock the harder difficulties earlier(link the game with the previous one perhaps) or simply don't lock them at all. but that add more play time to the game(albeit artificially).

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
7462-7739.png

F2nd has mods so u can make the notes appear faster, that will make the game harder for u :D

Reactions: Deleted User

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
Great, now all we need is more platforms supported...

PS4 for the Sony fans, maybe Xbox, One or 360...

Don't know about Xbox being reasonable, but a Wii U + 3DS release would be nice, seeing as 3DS has had PD in the past (albeit Japan only release) and Nintendo is also a Japan based company like Sony.

But really what we need is a PC release, I don't want to buy a new playstation just to play this game.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great, now all we need is more platforms supported...

PS4 for the Sony fans, maybe Xbox, One or 360...

Don't know about Xbox being reasonable, but a Wii U + 3DS release would be nice, seeing as 3DS has had PD in the past (albeit Japan only release) and Nintendo is also a Japan based company like Sony.

But really what we need is a PC release, I don't want to buy a new playstation just to play this game.
The main series is Playstation only. The 3DS game is called Project Mirai and looks and plays different. I'm sure a PS4 release will appear eventually but I wouldn't hold my breath for any non-Sony platforms.

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada

By translated do you mean the lyrics or the menus?

I don't see the point in translating the lyrics, and not all the Vocaloids present have an English VoiceBank

The main series is Playstation only. The 3DS game is called Project Mirai and looks and plays different. I'm sure a PS4 release will appear eventually but I wouldn't hold my breath for any non-Sony platforms.

I actually don't really care what platform it's ported to as long as that platform is PC.
I already have ~$800 gaming PC and I honestly don't feel like dishing out a couple hundred for a PS3 that I'm never going to use for anything else.

The AR on Vita is tempting though, but it could be pulled of on 3DS...

Project Mirai is Japan region locked, I also don't want to buy a new 3DS.

*sigh*Back to emulated Project Diva 2nd on my Nexus 7...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    What Network is it on? I wanna see what you guys are talking about. N What time frame is it on? :unsure:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's Amazon prime
    Cool. I got Prime
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    prime deez nuts
    okies :D put 'em here :O
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The mutated Axolotl was awesome
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't have prime, I order once I am orderign $35 worth of stuff
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bet you don't pirate game either
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I even convinced my dad to watch Fallout lol. He's enjoying it so far
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They really wanna get the head
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    legit nobody irl knows I'm trans(it hasn't been long enough yet)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Be really careful out there. There are people who use trans people to their advantage, and its really sad in general. :(
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    also scary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Chasers and homophobia.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They're very common on social media.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ik about the phobias Im used to it but what's a chaser
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Nobody is safe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    eh I don't keep it private, not much happens except idiots on TikTok making a fool of themselves
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    im still curious as to what a chaser is tho
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: im still curious as to what a chaser is tho