Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love Miku and all..but...

the fuck is this shit?

I'm having a hard time imagining what would happen if the number of weaboos in the US would arise, and then everywhere people will be saying desu and piss the rest of us off. Then there comes the more arrogant ones who think they know everything about anime and stuff, which will piss the real hardcore otaku off. Even the littlest things piss me off. I tend to rage at people who say "Miku Hatsune" instead of "Hatsune Miku", it just doesn't sound right to me.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Terrible commercial. Horrible singing/voice. Dumbest idea for a mashup ever.

God that voice was so annoying. Keep that shit in Japan or wherever it came from.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
I like the song, mainly because it's in Ryuuseigun (or was it Monogatari?), but it is out of place...and adding Hatsune Miku is very...random.
I find the addition quite funny actually.
tongue.gif

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sergster1 said:
Raika said:
What the fuck is hatshit miku doing in an American commercial? I would like to know who came up with this idea.

My thoughts exactly ._.

My uncle works for Toyota Canada, if I see him tomorrow I will ask him who came up with the idea. The interesting thing is that most people would have no idea who Hatsune Miku is, in fact I don't and have only seen pictures of her in avatars and signatures on this forum and others. But to be honest, Toyota is seeking a younger target audience, probably 18-24 year olds with this kind of advertising and to be honest the earlier you can get people interested in buying a new car, the better it is for business. Toyota vehicles are not cheap, but they make some of the most reliable cars on the market and are affordable to fix compared to other cars plus the insurance is good, unlike a Civic which has high premium due to kids trying to make them into rice rockets these days.

Toyota has also lost a lot of ground lately and hit a few road bumps with their Quality Assurance on a few newer vehicle models, mainly the hybrid cars up until last year. I work in auto manufacturing, I know how anal car companies are about perfection in their vehicles. When you sink 30k into a car, it better not break right off the line so there is pretty much a zero tolerance for imperfections these days because recalls can seriously hurt your profit margin every yearly earnings report, just ask Ford as they have been on recall binges heavily for the last 10-15 years.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's some publicity stunt for the Japanese earthquake (though this would be a bit old now).
But yeah, the marketing team needs to get their heads screwed on straight.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to remain an otaku hipster. So I wouldn't really want Miku to become 'mainstream' if I wanted it to stay this way.
But it's great how American Miku fans are finally getting a concert. I'm assuming that she's only in these commercials because Toyota is sponsoring Vocaloid and the Mikunopolis concert in LA.

EDIT: And although I'm a Vocaloid fan, I agree that they made a bad song choice for the commercial (makes you want to cringe when you hear her voice due to the announcer's voice).

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
_Chaz_ said:
I have a question: Who is this and who cares?

I second this. I can only guess she's a character from all those pop idol manager games that creep the hell out of me that we've seen a few of on the DS in recent years. Or something along those lines. Either way it looks like shit. It looks like CGI from about ten years ago. Hell, Spirits Within looked better than that, and that's gotta be ten years old by now, surely?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Danny600kill said:
_Chaz_ said:

Music Creating Program ( Like a created character synth maker )

People who are fans or people who are bored
smile.gif

QUOTE(Warrior522 @ May 29 2011, 06:00 PM)
A Vocaloid, and Otakus.

EDIT: Dammit, ninja'd.

Oh... so Nobody and Nobody?

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Hatsune Miku; Vocaloid character. Primarily from the PSP video game Hatsune Miku: Project Diva. Popular in Japan.

They probably included her to advertise the concert. I like her but I don't think they did a good job advertising her

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blaze163 said:
_Chaz_ said:

I second this. I can only guess she's a character from all those pop idol manager games that creep the hell out of me that we've seen a few of on the DS in recent years. Or something along those lines. Either way it looks like shit. It looks like CGI from about ten years ago. Hell, Spirits Within looked better than that, and that's gotta be ten years old by now, surely?

People have different opinions, I can bet some people enjoy it
smile.gif
I personally have no opinion on said franchise
smile.gif

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
30084pm said:
Hatsune Miku; Vocaloid character. Primarily from the PSP video game Hatsune Miku: Project Diva. Popular in Japan.

They probably included her to advertise the concert. I like her but I don't think they did a good job advertising her
Probably because they're not advertising her, she's advertising them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello