Hate to do this but....

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by zaqwithaq, May 3, 2008.

May 3, 2008

Hate to do this but.... by zaqwithaq at 7:54 PM (1,261 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. zaqwithaq
    OP

Newcomer zaqwithaq Newbie

United States
    I've searched a few sites but found nothing like this...

I bought an r4 (I'm almost positive its fake now..r4 upgrade vIII) and it has been working great (other then being a scam) for a little while... and it just crashed and gave me an infinite loading screen, so I checked my sd card and the computer said cannot open this file it it has not been formated, so of course I said yes...

reinstalled the firmware loaded back up my roms ect. Then it crashed again.... and my disk is "unformated"...again...

I was kind of hopping this is some problem thats common and somebody's gonna come flame me READ TEH STIKIEZ N00B and its not my fake card (damn you amazon!) thats killing my micro sd....

edit~didn't know the difference between corrupted and unformatted

and for the sake of total knowledge I'm using a unbranded 2 GB micro sd and an adapter I previously had

2. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    With fakes, anything that can go wrong, will, I'm sad to say ... if it is a fake ...

It could simply be a faulty cart ...

Have you contacted the seller?

3. simoonsoon

Newcomer simoonsoon Advanced Member

United States
  4. baramos

Newcomer baramos Advanced Member

Make sure the card is formatted to FAT(16) with 64k clusters also make sure you do not use soft reset that corrupted one of my crappier SD cards over and over again until I turned said feature off and haven't had it corrupt again in over 4 months. If those don't work I guess try a better SD card or just try to get a legit flashcard, but try the SD card first as I've had two in other devices go through the needing to be formatted frequently which was fixed just by changing it out with a different/new one.

5. Raestloz

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    Problem is, it's a fake, so there's not much that can be done.
    Still, it might be that the microSD it self is the problem, have you tried using the same microSD on different cart?

6. RaiDesu

Member RaiDesu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    As the above poster said. I got a similar issue with a few flash drives. Turns out, it reached the end of it's read/write cycle.

7. nicky041192

Member nicky041192 GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    i had the same problem. its the card reader change it.

8. Raestloz

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    Like I said, only 2 source of problems spotted right now.
    1st is the cart itself, it's a fake, what do you expect?

2nd, is the microSD itself, even fakes aren't built-in with auto-renamer feature you know, try using the same microSD with difefrent cart, or use the same cart with diferent microSD, that might solve the problem