Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Here is Hatari Wii first released by yohanes : Hatari Wii with pad support

In this version, I have updated the emulator with Hatari v1.3.1, and just added basic pad support(Wiimote and Gamecube pad).
You just have to open the menu(by typing F12 on keyboard) and change the pads in the joystick menu.

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Wiimpathy said:
Hi,

Here is Hatari Wii first released by yohanes : Hatari Wii with pad support

In this version, I have updated the emulator with Hatari v1.3.1, and just added basic pad support(Wiimote and Gamecube pad).
You just have to open the menu(by typing F12 on keyboard) and change the pads in the joystick menu.

Thanks for the update.

I can't remember using the emu before? I wonder if it can play North & South, Battle Chess etc better than on Wiiuae (as the mouse emulation on that is pretty rubbish)?

Does this emu play games at a decent speed??

Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, the emulator run at pretty good speed and the two games you mention run quite well.

However you need to replace the tos.img file with another tos (tos v1.02 for example)
to have a better emulation.
And remember that an usb keyboard is necessary to load and play games.

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Wiimpathy said:
yes, the emulator run at pretty good speed and the two games you mention run quite well.

However you need to replace the tos.img file with another tos (tos v1.02 for example)
to have a better emulation.
And remember that an usb keyboard is necessary to load and play games.

My usb keboard doesnt seem to work on this emu (yet its works fine with other homebrew and emu's like fuse etc) so I can't actualy bring the menu up to play any games? ...is there a fix to this as I'd love to play North & South on my wii?

edit: I've just tried the authors original build (from 19/1/09) and my keyboard works fine everytime on that (although obviously the orginal build has no pad support) so somethings broken with yur new compiled version?
frown.gif
. ...hopefully you can fix this?

I need my north & south fix.
smile.gif

Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I suppose you're launching the emu with the last homebrew channel(I'm using homebre channel 1.0.6),
and maybe the problem is related to IOS 58.

What you could try is launching the emu with homebrew filter r23 and change IOS to
202 or 249 for example to see if keyboard works.
I'm sorry but I don't know how to fix it at the moment.

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Wiimpathy said:
I suppose you're launching the emu with the last homebrew channel(I'm using homebre channel 1.0.6),

What you could try is launching the emu with homebrew filter r23 and change IOS to

Yeah I'm using the latest hbc (1.0.8). Thats a shame you don't have a quick fix as I was looking forward to trying your build
frown.gif
...strange that the original authors build still works fine though? Hopefully you might suss it out in time?

I noticed that the newer version of hbc also breaks compatibility for usb keyboards on the c64 emu fuse too. Strange?

StupidGamer1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dammit, too bad a usb keyboard is mandatory. Don't feel like spending $10 on one either. Rats. I have all these PS/2 keyboards here and are useless!

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Wiimpathy said:

Have you built this with the latest libogc/SDL? Would rebuilding it with that fix things (not that I know how to do that lol)?

Where usb keyboards are broke with the latest hbc for the emulator frodo I contacted the author of the emu and he reckoned that rebuilding it with latest libogc/SDL would fix the emu ...but maybe its the same required for this build of this emu to get things working again seeing the issie is probably in libogc??

Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
Have you built this with the latest libogc/SDL? Would rebuilding it with that fix things (not that I know how to do that lol)?

Where usb keyboards are broke with the latest hbc for the emulator frodo I contacted the author of the emu and he reckoned that rebuilding it with latest libogc/SDL would fix the emu ...but maybe its the same required for this build of this emu to get things working again seeing the issie is probably in libogc??

Well, it's not compiled with the latest libraries since the source was old and it was a bit difficult to adapt to changes.
I'll post a version that allow buttons of wiimote or gamecube to access menu, and very very basic and buggy virtual keyboard
made with sdl (only for menu when you have to type 1, 2 or t... like medway, pompey disks etc...).

To be honest, if someone could help it would be better (for the love of Atari ST !) because I'm not familiar with SDL and can't test
with the latest homebrew channel (and I'd like everyone could play xenon or bomb Jack on wii).

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Wiimpathy said:
QUOTE said:

Well, it's not compiled with the latest libraries since the source was old and it was a bit difficult to adapt to changes.
I'll post a version that allow buttons of wiimote or gamecube to access menu, and very very basic and buggy virtual keyboard
made with sdl (only for menu when you have to type 1, 2 or t... like medway, pompey disks etc...).

To be honest, if someone could help it would be better (for the love of Atari ST !) because I'm not familiar with SDL and can't test
with the latest homebrew channel (and I'd like everyone could play xenon or bomb Jack on wii).

Well that would be great if you could post an updated build with some basic key presses as that would instantly make the emu playable seeing as it wouldn't require a keyboard to start/play the majority of games.

Its a shame usb keyboads won't work though as some games require different key presses in-game to be playable (North & South on the ST requires left and right shift key for you to select your armies etc)... but hey if you can get this emu running (even if it is basic and buggy) then that would be fantastic!

Maybe post what you do on googlecode or wiibrew (for some reason yohanes never originaly posted his work on those sites?) and also put out an s.o.s on there as I reckon that would be a better place to request assistance for this project then on here?

Anyway thanks in advance and good luck!

Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can test this : HatariWii basic virtual keyboard

- press Wiimote + button to open virtual keyboard
It's very limited ( it lacks some keys ) but normally you can launch games with that.
You have to tick checkbox "long press" for some games.

- press Home button to access main menu.

Real keyboards not fixed for hbc 1.0.8 (sorry can't test it).

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Wiimpathy said:
You can test this : HatariWii basic virtual keyboard

- press Wiimote + button to open virtual keyboard
It's very limited ( it lacks some keys ) but normally you can launch games with that.
You have to tick checkbox "long press" for some games.

- press Home button to access main menu.

Real keyboards not fixed for hbc 1.0.8 (sorry can't test it).

Nice!

..although the download link is saying "The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable."?

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
I've just had a quick test (with the games I personaly want to work).

Battlechess wasn't working at first - I could load the game wihtout the usb keyboard (using the virtual keyboard you've just implemented) but I couldn't select any chess pieces in game (it kept bringing the menu up)? I since had a play and found that in the joystick setup change the setting from wiimote0 to wiimote1 and that made the game perfectly playable. I've sinced save my setting to wiimote as the default and all is now good.
smile.gif

North & South loaded fine but using the virtual keyboard I was unable to select my different armies (which should be If you are using the joystick Left SHIFT or If you control keyboard, Right SHIFT) so maybe those keys aren't working correctly? ...although even if those keys did work correctly then playing the game and having to select that key by opening the GUI each time obviously isn't ideal? Do you think you could hard code say Left shift to number 1 or 2 on the wiimote as this would make the game very playable?

Good work though as already this makes the emu functional now! When I get the time I'll try some other games (Defender of The Crown etc). Maybe post this on wiibrew to get some other atari peeps interested?
smile.gif

The mouse control on this works pretty good too... its such a shame the amiga emu's mouse doesn't work aswell as this?

Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you, it's kind of you to test it.

For North and south you could tick the "long press" checkbox and press right shift.
I know it's not a perfect solution to play with that kind of game but I'm learning while doing this.

It's possible to hardcode keys but that would be only for one game. However, if you're interested
I can give you a special version in PM before future improvements(?).

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Wiimpathy said:
Thank you, it's kind of you to test it.

For North and south you could tick the "long press" checkbox and press right shift.
I know it's not a perfect solution to play with that kind of game but I'm learning while doing this.

It's possible to hardcode keys but that would be only for one game. However, if you're interested
I can give you a special version in PM before future improvements(?).

Mate that would be amazing to finally be able to play North & South on the wii. I was almost able to do it on wiiuae but the jerky mouse movement made it impossible to play at all. The C64 and NES versions are playable on the wii but obviously don't look anywhere as good as the 16 bit versions. The ST version is practially the same as the amiga game and to be able to play this with 2 wiimotes on the big screen would be totally awesome!

If you could hard code say left shift to 1 and right shift to 2 on the wiimote then that would be amazing!
smile.gif
I appreciate this is the only game that would require those key presses though and would be v gratefull! ...if you'd like some sort of donation for your efforts then again just send me a pm.

Good work though... and seriously if you get the chance then try to put this onto wiibrew (or as a branch of yohanes version) as now thanks to your goodself we've finally got a fully working atari st emu seeing as you've implemented joysticks and a virtual keyboard!
smile.gif

edit:
I Just tried what you said to do for North & South. Ticking long press does make me now able to select both left and right shift fine and change my armies but from doing this it seems to diable the wiimote? I've unticked the check box and its still seems to render doing anything now in-game? ....I guess this won't matter though if you can hard code left and right shift anyway though?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1