Hase, GCW Zero homebrew retrospective

Hase is a "Worms" like homebrew that has come to the GCW Zero handheld. It focuses on the firing of different projectile weapons upon a destructible environment. The game is shaping up to be a fun homebrew, but what I find most interesting about the project is the retrospective the developer [Alexander "Ziz" Matthes] has written. If you want a glimpse into the madness of creating a homebrew project then give the article a read. If you own a Zero, grab the binary and try Hase out for yourself.

:arrow: Making of Hase Article
:download: Download Hase

Reactions: HaloEffect17

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Well maybe really a off topic question but is a gcw zero really worth it? Its 250 dollars and i can get a new 3ds for that money, is it any better than a ds lite or hacked psp in portable emulation and homebrew?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before Worms there was Pocket Tanks. Before Pocket Tanks there was.... SCORCHED EARTH!!! Still miss that game the most from this genre.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Well maybe really a off topic question but is a gcw zero really worth it? Its 250 dollars and i can get a new 3ds for that money, is it any better than a ds lite or hacked psp in portable emulation and homebrew?

have you read my zero review? https://gbatemp.net/review/gcw-zero.122/

the emulation on the zero is more widely refinied than those applications found on the psp. the ds lite has a really great homebrew library. when it comes down to it, do you want to play with the emulators/hombrew on the zero or would you rather just stick to the ds lite and psp. i can't make that decision for you. give the review a read, if you haven't already. you might also want to check the zero's unofficial (official) forums for more information: http://boards.dingoonity.org/index.php#c10

-another world

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before Worms there was Pocket Tanks. Before Pocket Tanks there was.... SCORCHED EARTH!!! Still miss that game the most from this genre.

Scorched Earth was great....I lost many hours to Tank Wars

Abandonware link

tank-wars-3-d_5.png

Last edited by Megaben99,
Reactions: Maximilious

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans