Gaming Has your pre-order been dispatched already?

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
Wizzerzak said:
what's the point in getting the game early if you've got no console to play it on?

Stare at the box, read the manual, stare at the box some more, read the manual again
rolleyes.gif

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
Wizzerzak said:
R2DJ said:
Firstly, no, a poll won't work. Voting on a poll would be a one-time response while with posting, you can edit it later.

Has your 3DS/games/accessories pre-order/s been dispatched already? I expect SSF IV and Nintendogs to be dispatched tomorrow for delivery on Thursday. I'd like to think Zavvi would do so as I've just bought Pokemon White from them and they dispatched it on a Wednesday and it got delivered the next day.

Also I've seen people from other European countries get their hands on the 3DS and games soooo early.

what's the point in getting the game early if you've got no console to play it on?
to get games before the console?

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wizzerzak said:
Errr... I don't control the delivery date. Some sites tend to ship the games quite early, which leads to earlier delivery. I've had games delivered to me a day before the street date. Some people even get games a week before release.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
R2DJ said:
Nollog said:
Oh well.
the hut also dispatched pilotwings on monday.
Might be able to play a game when I get it.
Did you pre-order early? Zavvi is a part of The Hut group so they're basically the same. Preordered my games a week ago. I'm assuming there's some sort of pre-order priority.

Gah, you guys are making me JEALOUS with your dispatch confirmations! I gotta wait for a call from Morrisons to tell me they have it. Worse, they don't even "confirm" they'll have it this Friday. They'll just phone me. It's as if they are so oblivious to the 3DS that the first woman I talked to had to call the manager to know what exactly I was asking.

"Can I pre-order a Nintendo 3DS"

Anyone pre-ordered from Morrisons? Can you share your experiences?
Ordered it about a month ago.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
fishykipper said:
pre-ordered from Amazon, the day the Pre-Orders became available and mine hasn't been dispatched yet. im gutted. hightly doubt i'll get it day of release, amazon have failed me
Every single item I've ever ordered from amazon came 1 day after the dispatch date, and I'm in Ireland.
Ordered an LCD Monitor once too.

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
It's pretty much impossible to get any electronic early in the US.

I'm picking mine up Sunday at the store... So no idea about mine. Maybe the store has them already.

I'm going to midnight launch at my local gamestop (it's tiny, gonna be PACKED probably O_O I mean it was pretty packed for Pokemon, now lets see this!) with a couple friends also getting one!

Shadowhunta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If my previous experience with game preorders is anything to go by, ALL the online places will say "dispatched" to cover their arses for any late deliveries "it was the couriers fault" etc etc but they give them to the courier with the express instruction to not get them to the customer before the release date, too many shops have been stung with fines for breaking street dates the past few years, so alot of people cover their arses with big releases and make sure they get there on the morning of release.
However i know Gameplay are notorious for getting games to customers a day early, whether or not this applies to consoles remains to be seen, back when Halo Reach was first released my GF got her legendary edition and it had 2 lots of tape on saying "Deliver on blah blah" and it actually had the release date, so with such a high profile release this may well be the case in this instance.
But i could be wrong
wink.gif

jonxs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just got my Dispatch email from play.com, saying my 3ds has been sent out, I also got one at 7am this morning saying my 3ds case has been sent out. Im not holding my breath for a friday delivery but at least its on its way
smile.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
'Dispatched' basically means it's been packaged up and sent to a local depot ready to be delivered on launch date, don't get over excited and sit by your letterbox today because you got a dispatch notice at the weekend.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BlueStar said:
'Dispatched' basically means it's been packaged up and sent to a local depot ready to be delivered on launch date, don't get over excited and sit by your letterbox today because you got a dispatch notice at the weekend.
It depends on the sender to when it should reach consumers, Mine only got despatched last night and the higher ups from where I ordered say it should arrive on Thursday.

Which is tomorrow! =]

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I just checked Zavvi and my order's finally dispatched! As soon as I found out I just discovered Zavvi just sent me a £10 discount voucher for not being active for months
frown.gif
Could have used it! Oh well

2 days!!!

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Your order from Asda Entertainment has been dispatched and will be with you shortly!

Now I'm just waiting on amazon to ship.

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
Your order from Asda Entertainment has been dispatched and will be with you shortly!

Please retain this email as your proof of purchase.

Delivery Information:

Order Number: 10000000

Delivery Address:

CartmanUK

10x Nintendo 3DS Console (Black)

* Most items arrive within the estimated delivery time. If you have not received your item in this time, don't worry as delays do occasionally occur. We ask you to wait 10 working days for UK deliveries and 20 working days for overseas deliveries before you contact us to let us know you have not received your item.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
Update on my DPD status:

"Your parcel has been received at our sortation hub"

smile.gif

HOWEVER.

My Zavvi order is still "Processing" (which is exactly the same as what it said back in January)
mad.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night