Hacking Has there been any talk of EMUNAND injecting (cias/themes/virtually anything via pc program?

bbcali89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the interest of progressing the scene...Back in the Wii days we had emunand too. But with that came a way to inject any wad (in the case of 3ds cia) into the nand itself.

Can anyone tell me if this is being worked on for the 3ds? And if so, who is working on it where can we see their progress. I don't know to me i'm oldschool I just like seeing all the unique things we can end up doing on a modded console. To me that's the fun in it.

bbcali89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep hoping for this if anything it might be doable via Citra with your SD/MSD as the mount.
I was thinking this too. But -myself- haven't looked into citra too much.

I don't see how it was so easily done on WII, it basically runs the same way. Partition a spot for NAND/ Place titles/ids/ etc to correct areas. Use programs to install into EMUNAND run from emunand on system.

This scene seems to be moving slow. Or is BRAND new and there just isn't a market for developers rn.

Either way, i'm excited to see what continues to happen in the 3ds scene.

Tbh though, when I see stuff like this it makes me miss DarkAlex and Crediar and people like that so much more LOL

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking this too. But -myself- haven't looked into citra too much.

I don't see how it was so easily done on WII, it basically runs the same way. Partition a spot for NAND/ Place titles/ids/ etc to correct areas. Use programs to install into EMUNAND run from emunand on system.

This scene seems to be moving slow. Or is BRAND new and there just isn't a market for developers rn.

Either way, i'm excited to see what continues to happen in the 3ds scene.

Tbh though, when I see stuff like this it makes me miss DarkAlex and Crediar and people like that so much more LOL
I would disagree it's was slow but skyrocketed once that one line of code got leaked it almost to the point where the system is practically as cracked as the PSP is.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I'm guessing to achieve that, the process involves:
Decrypt NAND
Decrypt ticket
Parse and edit ticket database
Unpack CIA to get contents
Encrypt contents with device key
Decrypt, parse and edit title db.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the scene started on a more "darker" website that gave no shit's about DRM or Copyright that would probably help a shit tone but the places that are like that have these anti piracy inner circles who don't care for "public" progress.

bbcali89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would disagree it's was slow but skyrocketed once that one line of code got leaked it almost to the point where the system is practically as cracked as the PSP is.
This is interesting to hear...

So it was one kernel code that got leaked huh.
That i'm sure some ANTI piracy dude found. Was it smealum?

Either way, like I said. it SEEMS slow. But that's cuz' i'm not seeing rapid development.
I mean people were building emulators from the ground up that's how real psp was lol.
An example of course and not actually there to compare but still.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is interesting to hear...

So it was one kernel code that got leaked huh.
That i'm sure some ANTI piracy dude found. Was it smealum?

Either way, like I said. it SEEMS slow. But that's cuz' i'm not seeing rapid development.
I mean people were building emulators from the ground up that's how real psp was lol.
An example of course and not actually there to compare but still.
Well the whole scene is super weird it was mostly just CFW leakes until Roxas75 made a CFW that had no piracy then someone ripped it apart and made a release with signature patches removed. Also a certain line of code was found on a pastebin made by yellows8? Which removed signature patches from Sysnand and from there shit started getting wild. @Psi-hate was the one who found the god like pastebin which sparked everything.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Well the whole scene is super weird it was mostly just CFW leakes until Roxas75 made a CFW that had no piracy then someone ripped it apart and made a release with signature patches removed. Also a certain line of code was found on a pastebin made by yellows8? Which removed signature patches from Sysnand and from there shit started getting wild. @Psi-hate was the one who found the god like pastebin which sparked everything.
Yes there was a pastebin from some chinese (apparently) that got copy-pasted into something workable in 4 hours or so.

bbcali89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the scene started on a more "darker" website that gave no shit's about DRM or Copyright that would probably help a shit tone but the places that are like that have these anti piracy inner circles who don't care for "public" progress.

Haha this is probaby true too.
I remember the old gateway hack.
So I wa
lol was he just randomly searching pastebins or what lol he had to have come upon a source is my guess.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

bbcali89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ignore that first comment. was saved from one of your quotes lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No it was literally pure luck this was the thread where people just looked at random pastebins its much more organized now but he did find it and the right person got a hold if it https://gbatemp.net/threads/pastebin-posting-discussion.384859/
That is such a cool thread. Almost like going to the beginning of CFW lol

This has probably been answered already but since there's a thread for the "scene" as it is in this thread here:

Is DS going to ever be possible?
obviously I have r4's and blah blah. But I am curious if it would ever be possible for a full DS game to be emulated like it was in the cart. Basically what the R4 does. But a way to trigger it through a app(cia)
Almost like:

Run Cia -> Pick Rom -> loads rom into memory.

Would be cool to see

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ignore that first comment. was saved from one of your quotes lol

That is such a cool thread. Almost like going to the beginning of CFW lol

This has probably been answered already but since there's a thread for the "scene" as it is in this thread here:

Is DS going to ever be possible?
obviously I have r4's and blah blah. But I am curious if it would ever be possible for a full DS game to be emulated like it was in the cart. Basically what the R4 does. But a way to trigger it through a app(cia)
Almost like:

Run Cia -> Pick Rom -> loads rom into memory.

Would be cool to see
The closest people trying this would be everyone working on rxTools and TWL_FIRM but we are getting super off topic.

D

Deleted-19228

Never happening. We got the encryption keys for PSP from the PS3. We will NEVER be able to sign and encrypt content for 3DS.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

bbcali89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The closest people trying this would be everyone working on rxTools and TWL_FIRM but we are getting super off topic.
Fair enough. Typically I think of all the things that a emunand would be capable of. or a "cfw" and go from there. but most important we are missing a pc program to access and inject/extract emunand contents. imo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm